Chapter 7 -"sober"

+ SELENA'S ROSE'S POV

Going back to Jersey with Elijah is a horrible thing. All our memories are there. It's just gonna hurt me more and more drama is gonna happen. My intentions are not to ruin Elijah and Diana's wedding. If I wanted to ruin it I would have done that but I think it's better for him to stay away from me. I am not good enough for him.

The party still didn't die everyone was dancing. Vincent and Violette are busy enjoying each other and Vincent whispering love words to her making her chuckle. Fuck why am I so single?

Stephany who was busy getting her face eaten out by a random guy that she just met. She is such a party animal and a slut and that's why I love her.

Elijah and Diana just got up to dance after her begging him for so long because he didn't want to embarrass himself because he is a horrible dancer. Seeing them together shattered my heart. They are perfect, they are so happy together.

While Miles and I just sat together enjoying each others company. "We should get up and dance" Miles suggested but it was a suggestion since he dragged me to dance before I could say no to his request.

He placed his hands on my hip and I wrapped my arms around his neck. I expected this to be awkward but it's not. Miles and I are so used to each other around so it wasn't awkward or the first time we held each other like this.

"You know Elijah's looking at you right now." Miles said boosting some more confidence into me. See I love Miles because I didn't even tell him to tell me if Elijah was looking or not but he did it anyway. I love my best friends.

See that's why I need more friends like Miles not Stephany this bitch always gets me into fights and trouble.

Miles flipped me around just to make Elijah more jealous. Now I am facing Elijah whose jaw was clenched, his eyes already made it clear that in his mind he was planning different ways to kill Miles.

Miles and I went back to take a break from dancing and Elijah copied us with Diana. Diana looked a little tired so she excused herself and pecked Elijah's cheek before she left.

"I am gonna leave now." Miles said and I remembered that him saying he had to be at the club tonight . I wanted him to stay because now I am left alone with Elijah. Well, this is going to be interesting.

"Okay, baby I will see you later." he smiled at me then Elijah before walking away leaving me. The awkward tension between us increased when Miles left. We just stared at each other. It was one of those times where both people had so much to tell each other yet chose to remain silent for the sake of each other.

The music changed to Elijah and I's favorite song. The song that we danced to on our first date 'sweater weather'. I swear someone paid the dj to play this song.

Elijah looked at me with a smirk. "Wanna dance?" Elijah asked and I froze. I thought about it for a second but then I realized that Diana isn't around and it's just a dance.

Elijah took my hand and his touch sent chills down my spine. His touch makes me feel safe and something that I can't define or get enough of.

I was a little worried because he drank alot tonight and I hate it when he is drunk. He is going to forget all of this anyway.

Elijah came close to my ear and whispered. "do you remember when we danced to this song on our first date?" I could smell his breath that was filled with alcohol which made me a little timid.