Bonus Chapter

Author's Note!

Hello, everyone. Thank you so much for reading the start of my Haikyuu series <3

This is a chapter I've made a while back but never got around to inserting it in the story. The character in the video above is my favorite in the Honeyworks series who (coincidentally) happens to be voiced by Kozume Kenma's VA Kaji Yuuki!

So just imagine our precious Kenma singing the song, even though I totally changed most of the lyrics to make it more Kenma-ish hehe;;

Also, Akari's CV is how I imagined Kamiya Yume's voice to sound like. So just go with it because Akarin is best girl, I love her, and I ship her with Mochi so in a way I'm shipping Kenma and Yume 🤣❤️

I hope you enjoy and continue to support my work!

💌💌💌

Yume sat nervously in Nekoma High's auditorium as the music club were busy preparing their instruments. When her quiet shut-in boyfriend suddenly asked her if she was available after classes, she didn't expect to be brought in for a surprise.

"Yo!" Kuroo waved as he entered the gym.

Yume was about to greet back when the microphone stand he was holding caught her curiosity. She watched as Kuroo walked passed her, grinning very proudly, and positioned the equipment on the small stage they had set up. None of the volleyball club members would tell the confused girl what was going on or why the music club was involved.

"Just relax and enjoy the show, Kamiya-san!" Yamamoto told her.

So there she was along with the entire Nekoma High student body, sitting awkwardly at the very front of the room, eyes darting around for any sign of the pudding head who mysteriously vanished minutes before his friends had ushered her away to her seat. A small gift box was hidden in her bag and she anxiously wondered if Kenma would like the present she picked out for him.

It was their first anniversary and the two of them were third years now. So it was more than shocking to find Kuroo, Yaku, and Kai back in Nekoma when they were supposed to be in university. Then again, maybe this was part of her boyfriend's big surprise?

"Alright, we're ready over here!" The music club's president shouted over the mic.

Yume scanned the stage. There was a pianist, a bassist, a couple of guitarists, and a drummer situated at the back. The mic was left empty until a figure appeared from backstage wearing the head of a mascot. "A cat?!" She gawked, eyes widening as the person wearing the giant cat head stepped unto the stage.

".....Hello." The cat greeted shyly.

"Th-That voice..." Yume sweatdropped, instantly recognizing her boyfriend's voice echoing throughout the auditorium.

Kenma was sweating anxiously from behind his disguise. He wore a headset so his voice could be heard since the microphone on the stand was just for props. Curious whispers from the students filled the room, and the front of the stage closest to where he stood, his girlfriend was staring up at him with a bewildered expression.

Well, it's now or never.

He nodded to Kuroo, who gave the OK signal to the band, and an upbeat song started to play. Everyone started to smile and cheer, clapping their hands to the music. Kenma swallowed his anxiety and gripped the microphone stand in front of him so his shaking legs wouldn't cause him to trip and make an even bigger fool of himself. After taking a deep breath, he began to sing...

"🎶Not knowing anything related to love, why am I suddenly being put on the spot?
But you confess to liking me. I sigh, "this will be a challenge"

Being teased and forced into it, I eventually give in
Not wanting to see you cry by my rejection

It feels like we just started with hard mode since love was never my forté
But I'll do my best to clear all levels and see the endgame

I'm sorry but,
Cheer for this loser here. Don't give up now!
Let the love meter rise higher
Defeating the monsters that are in my way
My princess waits for me in the end

“Good morning, your hair is a mess” was the first thing that came out of my mouth
Despite being embarrassed, you say “it's our secret”
Your smile is like a power up

Everyday we move on to a different level
You suck at playing but try your best
Let's just forget reality and enjoy ourselves

I'm a devil for not wanting to share you with anyone else
"Stay away from her" "She's mine" "Don't touch her" I tell my rivals

I don't want a bad ending
I'm scared of game over happening
This fear always puts me at unease
I wish life has a reset button for someone like me
This game called love is frightening

“I promise to do my best. I will love you more than anyone else."
I'll confess to you again in front of everyone, so they'll know who you belong to

And so with that out there...

If your feelings haven't changed, let's stay together this year too
I'll make you happier than you've ever been

Will you continue to be my player two?🎶”

Once the song ended, a chorus of cheers exploded from the crowd. Kenma was taken aback from the unexpected response and just stood there dumbfounded, his friends from the volleyball club screaming louder than anyone else.

Yume jumped out of her seat and climbed unto the stage, running over to her boyfriend and tackling him into a hug. "That was amazing!" She exclaimed, beaming with pride. She unzipped her bag and pulled out her gift, giving it to him with a bright smile.

Kenma tore the wrapping and peeked inside the box, gasping when his eyes landed on the limited edition (and sort of expensive) game he wanted for months sitting inside. Yume laughed, only seeing a happy cat holding a prized game in his hands with a sparkling aura around him. She would have kissed him for being so adorable if it weren't for his disguise in the way.

"ENCORE! ENCORE! ENCORE!" The crowd cheered.

Kenma and Yume looked over at the audience. Kuroo and the others were clapping along with them, demanding for another song from the pudding head. Kenma sighed, not wanting to do another performance. He wanted to go home and play his new game already.

"One more song?" His girlfriend grinned, standing up and grabbing hold of the microphone on the stand.

Reluctantly, he stood up and shrugged. It was their first anniversary so another performance couldn't hurt. But after this, he was going to bring Yume home with him and cuddle in bed for hours. Just singing on stage in front of the entire school was exhausting enough and he needed to recharge.

"Let's go!" Yume signaled to the band and music flooded the auditorium once again.