Chapter 11

The day after

"Kenma, you're overthinking things."

Kuroo snickered as he watched the hopeless pudding head grumble in embarrassment. His face was bright red and covered behind both hands. He stayed this way since their visit to Yume's house the other day.

"Seriously. Kenma. It wasn't a bad move." Kuroo tried to reassure him. "Though I am a bit surprised. Didn't know you had it in you."

The wide smirk on his lips was enough for Kenma to blush brighter, if that was even possible. He glanced at Kuroo from the corner of his eye with a frown. "There's no way I can face her today." He said. Kuroo grinned and sighed in amusement.

"Come on. You guys already made up... Sort of." He shrugged. "Wasn't the whole problem in the first place because you were avoiding her?"

"But I kissed her yesterday..." Kenma grumbled, rubbing his face with both hands, wishing that his blush would disappear.

"You'll be fine~"

[Flashback]

Yume sat frozen in place, eyes wide, as she stared at her boyfriend's adorable face. His lips were soft and the kiss was clumsy, but gentle and full of love. When Kenma pulled away from her, his eyes darted to the ground.

"K-Kenma..." She softly gasped and reached up to touch her lips, still unable to fully register everything that happened in that moment.

"I..." He began to explain, but somehow along the way he lost his voice, resulting him into a stuttering mess.

"Kenma...?"

"I... Sorry."

Just like that, he was out of the bedroom and running through the halls, not even caring that Kuroo and Akira had been watching the entire time through a small crack from the door.

"KENMA! HEY, WHERE ARE YOU GOING?" Kuroo shouted from behind him.

The embarrassed little pudding head didn't stop running. He dashed through the house and out the gates to freedom, leaving behind a shocked and confused Yume in her room.

[End of Flashback]

Kuroo stood outside class 2-3 next to his best friend for two reasons: 1) There was a chance that the gamer might try to run again, and 2) He really wanted to see what happens. One glance at the boy next to him and he could tell that he was silently debating whether or not to go in or skip school. Kenma was still nervous about meeting Yume that he couldn't even will himself to open the door to the classroom. Kuroo chuckled quietly, patiently waiting for either the door to open or for Kenma to open it himself.

"....I can't do it." He spoke after about ten minutes of standing outside.

"Here. You just reach out and slide the door like this--" Kuroo demonstrated by grabbing Kenma's shaking hand and using it to slide the door to the room open.

"Kuro!" Kenma tensed as the door opened.

Yume sat in her seat with her head resting on the desk. Her eyes were closed almost like she was sleeping. When she heard the clattering of the door opening, she sat up instantly and shook her head to alleviate the drowsiness.

"Good luck." Kuroo gently pushed him inside the room with a mischievous grin.

"I hate you." Kenma grumbled and shot him a light glare, before slowly walking over to his seat next to Yume.