I. THE GIRL BORN WITH EVERYTHING

Start from the beginning

When I finally mastered my Quirk, I remembered being blinded by lights from flashes of cameras and the deafening sounds of never-ending questions from reporters and journalists who have since succumb to their curiosity to know who the only daughter of the famous Pro Heroes Sirius and Earl Shadow as well as the only sister of the Underground Hero Black Circuit.

Quirks, as everyone knew of it, are mostly from genes inherited from your parents, mine was something different. My parents said that I am the perfect masterpiece. The head of Hoshiko family and also my great great grandfather, was given a Quirk by his friend who had the ability to steal other people's Quirks and willingly give them to others.

Apparently, that Quirk was powerful and ever since then, from generations my family used that Quirk as if it's their own. However, as told before, Quirks are affected by the genes one inherited from both parents. My great grandfather saw the flaw when he married a woman with no Quirk resulting to his son's Quirk being less powerful. And so, they resorted to a cruel way of Quirk Marriage. But if you think arrange marriage is worst.

My great grandfather's way is much more worse. He made his second son and first daughter, who posses almost of the same quality of Quirk he deemed powerful, marry each other. And he made their first son and the daughter of their brother married each other. But the son of the couple only inherit around 40% of my great great grandfather's Quirk. And then, I was born. The only daughter of Hoshiko Taki and Hoshiko Suzuki.

Had I been born with little less than half of my great great grandfather's Quirk, I would've end up marrying my brother or one of my cousins as my father married his cousin, to reproduce offspring in the hopes that someone will inherit my great great grandfather's Quirk- no matter how sick it sounds. Don't get me wrong, I love my brother. But not in the same way one would to a lover. I love him as my brother, nothing more and nothing less than that.

And then, it happened. I inherited my great great grandfather's Quirk. The exact same Quirk that his friend stole from someone and gave to him. That's when I began to hear the people in my household talking about how fortunate I am. Although I didn't know to what extent am fortunate or what am I fortunate for. Perhaps because I will never have to marry my brother. Or perhaps maybe because I have full control over the first generation Quirk stolen from a weeping soul and given to my great great grandfather.

But how can they say I am fortunate?

To be honest, I feel so unfortunate, more so than a Quirk less girl who will not have to worry about what others will think.

The day I decided to enroll at Yūei, my parents almost beamed in merriment. Saying that I should lift up the family name and live up to everyone's expectations.

But when I decided to enroll in the General Course, the house was instantly surrounded by darkness, a foreboding shadow of doom and a void of blackness, courtesy of my father's Quirk and additionally of my mother's.

And then as soon as I get to know the name of my seatmate with a purple mess of a hair, I was pulled out of the class. My brother, whom is affiliated with the Underground Hero Eraser Head, had talk my way into the Hero Course.

And thus, I was place under the watchful eyes of a seemingly very tired man named Aizawa Shōta.

"Okay class, listen up. Today, you will welcome your new classmate," he said in a manner of complete boredom.

As soon as I step inside Class 1-A of the Hero Course, whispers instantly erupted. Being raised in a place where housemaids constantly gossip about empty rumours, I can perfectly hear what they are whispering about.