Chapter 13

Harry's POV:

The next morning I awoke with a massive headache. I tried to recall the last thing I remembered. Where was I yesterday?

The alley.

Bella.

Oh.my.god.

They hurt her. They beat her up so bad.... And I did nothing to stop them. I just stood there like the bastard I am. And on top of it all, we just left her there in that deserted alley. Who knows what thug could have got her.

I let out a sob.

This was all my fault.

I got out of bed, had a shower and brushed my teeth then headed to Bella's house.

Bella's POV:

"Ugh." I woke up feeling so sore.....and broken. Literally and metaphorically.

At least I was in my own house. But... Who brought me home? It obviously wasn't Harry.

I rolled my eyes at the thought. He had the audacity to just leave me there. I thought he cared about me. I've always been one of those people that looked out for my dear ones. I was always there for them. I never let them down. Why couldn't he do the same? Why didn't he do the same? Was I just a joke to him this whole time?

I knew Harry Styles had the reputation of being a player, but something drew me to him. Call it what you will. Fate, destiny or karma. Whatever it was, it brought me to him. I thought I would be able to change him. I was still a virgin. So was Harry trying to still my virginity or something? To defame me? To embarrass me?

"Bella? Are you alright?"

I jumped at the sudden voice.

Liam.

"Li..Liam? What are you doing here?" I asked him worriedly. What does he want?

"Uhh, I bought you home." He replied quietly.

I froze.

"Do you know what happened? I mean....did you see anything..back at the alley?" I questioned him nervously.

He nodded solemnly.

I gulped.

"Bella, you can't just let them get away with that. It's physical abuse. You need to report it to the police. And if you shall ever need me, I'll be more than happy to be your witness." Liam told me gently.

"You were there. Why didn't you do anything?! You saw them beating me up! You saw everything! Why didn't you help me?! Why, Liam why?!" I sobbed.

"First of all, I only saw you whilst they were leaving. Second of all, isn't that a question for your boyfriend?" He queried.

I began to sob harder.

He was right.

Harry just left me.

I hid my face in my arms and cried.

"Shhh. It's ok. Let it all out. I'm here for you." Liam said softly.

"Bella?"

I looked up.

Harry.

"No. No. No. No. No!" I said shaking my head in my arms.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" Liam raised his voice.

"I..I came to check on Bella." Harry said quietly.

"Well then, come have a look." Liam told him.

I felt someone pull my arms, and I felt the blankets being lifted off me. To reveal my beaten and battered body.

Harry gasped. A few tears escaped his eyes. He wiped them away quickly and stood his ground.

"See! This is all because of you and your lame excuses of friends! They beat her black and blue! And where were you? Where were you!" Liam yelled.

Harry remained silent.

"You were standing right there! Right fucking there, but you never did a thing. You just watched them abuse her! You reprimand me all the time for being a bad boyfriend, which I admit to. But did you ever stop and look at your actions?!" Liam yelled again.

Harry looked at the ground.

He took a few steps toward me.

"No! Stay away from me!" I screamed.

Wow.

This boy really messed me up.

I was...afraid of him.

"Bella, please. I need you to listen to me. Babe, I love you." Harry pleaded.

It was like my whole world had come to a standstill.

He what?

"Love?" Liam scoffed.

"You love her, huh? You're not supposed to stand idly while the 'love' of your life gets thrashed around." Liam mocked.

Harry said nothing. He just stared into my eyes. His startling bright green eyes piercing into my own.

"Look, I know there's no way you can ever forget what I did. I know it was completely wrong. And I just want to let you know that I'm sorry." Harry said through tears.

He attempted to embrace me in his arms, but I turned away.

He wore a pained expression upon his face.

"I love you, Bella. And I'm sorry."

Those were the last words he said before getting up and walking out the door.