"You guys are and always will be amazing. We hope you enjoyed listening to our music as much as we enjoyed making it. You guys truly are...something different. Thank you limelights for the journey you let us take. You made our dreams come true. And for that, we thank you" Jonah hugged Corbyn and they all walked off stage

If only it ended that way

The truth hurts...

Especially this truth...

The truth is: the boys never had the chance for a last performance...

They never made it to their 14th anniversary of being a band...

They never got to see their fans flow into that sold out stadium on September 27, 2030...

The day of September 16, 2030, the boys were in a car accident.

They had just finished their last world tour and were on their way to their home in L.A. when things went downhill fast.

They were all singing and laughing while riding down the highway in the back of the private van when all of a sudden a stowaway Pickup truck rammed into the side of the van.

The van flipped and rolled at least 50 feet.
Soon the helicopter was there to pick up the severely injured victims.

All across the world a live broadcast was breaking many limelights hearts as they heard the reporter speak

"Just in, a pickup truck rammed into the side of a private van owned by the famous pop group Why Don't We. We have been told that there are numerous injuries to the group. Corbyn Besson was riding on the passenger side middle section seat when the truck collided. He is being airlifted to the hospital in fatal condition. The youngest member, Zach Herron, is also being air lifted. We don't have any information on the other boys. Stay tuned for more"

But like I said earlier, the truth hurts

If I were to tell you that they all survived their injuries and went back to singing...I'd be lying.

If I were to tell you they all died...well

I'd still be lying...

The truth is, not every boy was fatally injured

Corbyn and Jack were in the most danger since they were on the passenger side.

But the thing is, Jack didn't get hurt. At least it wasn't reported at the time.

It was Zach and Corbyn that were fatally injured

The truth is, Jack had unbuckled and stood up to grab a charger for his phone from his bag. Zach saw the truck coming and quickly stood up in front of Jack to prevent him from injury.

Daniel and Jonah were in the drivers side.

They all got hurt. Nobody could stop that except the driver of the pickup.

But Zach's love for his brother/best friend was so strong, he gave up his life to protect Jack's.

So the reality hits when the day rolls around.

September 27, 2030.

The limelights are reminded of the tragic events that occurred only weeks before.

"Today would've marked a wonderful event in history but tragic events have taken a toll on many members of the limelight fandom. Today we are reminded of the terrible losses that occurred on September 16. The pop band Why Don't We is no more. There are many broken souls out there, all I can think to say is, God be with you on this treacherous day."

But once again, I'd be lying if I told you they all died.

There was one lucky member.

One member that was loved ever so much by his former colleague, that his life was saved at another's expense.

"We are reporting live to you from L.A. as many of you know, the pop band Why Don't We had a tragic accident and lost four of five of the members. Today, September 26, 2030, Jack Robert Avery stands alone on stage of the sold out stadium leading the crowd of limelights in a moment of silence to remember the rest of the broken band. Jonah Marais, 32. Corbyn Besson, 31. Daniel Seavey, 31. And Zachary Herron, 29."

Jack was never the same after that.

He never picked up a guitar again.

He didn't dare to sing another note

He didn't touch a piano

He broke up with his girlfriend and became distant from his family

He disappeared from a lot of social media.

The only time he was active on any of them was for one of the boys birthdays or for a holiday, and even then he didn't do much. He'd just post a pic of them from the earlier years and say how much he missed them and that he wished they were there with him...Then he'd continue to apologize to the families of his second family.

He was broken

He wasn't fixable anymore

Now he spent the majority of his days beside the four tombstones that read his best friends names.

Jonah Marais Roth Franzitch
June 16 1998 - September 16 2030
Loving brother, son, and band member
1/5 of Why Don't We

Corbyn Mathew Besson
November 25 1998 - September 16 2030
Be you.
1/5 of Why Don't We

Daniel James Seavey
April 2 1999 - September 16 2030
Just a happy kid who loves people
1/5 of Why Don't We

Zachary Dean Herron
May 27 2001 - September 16 2030
Not all superheroes wear capes, I wore rosy cheeks
1/5 of Why Don't We

That's the truth of this situation

And now you know

the truth hurts.