11. Combat. - Watty Awards Teen Story

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

*

'HOLLYWOOD COMBAT PREMIER

WEDNESDAY, 19 AUGUST 2009, HOLLYWOOD

Did everyone see the frocks last night at the Hollywood premier of Combat? We sure did. But since some of you might have missed it so we thought we would bring some of the best (and of course, the worst) to you.

It was mostly Kale Isaac Sery-Sinker, who stole the show for the boys as he looked even more handsome in a pale yellow jumper and jeans. So, simple yet it just looked like perfection on him.

Yet, for the girl we had to say it was Freya Moore in her light pink dress with those stunning (but we bet they hurt at the end of the night) Louboutins.

So sit back with the new herbal tea and gawp at the loveliest dresses out there last night.'

*

I talked to Riley after that night. She seemed to be with someone but answered most of my questions. Who cared for what Freya had to say? But I did have to get used to paparazzi and rumours about me. It was what came with the job. The advantages, however, overlooked all of the weaknesses. She had a point.

"I do this job not only because I love it but because I have a little brother in boarding school and I'm the one paying for it. My parents are somewhere in some other country fundraising and again I'm the one helping to fund for them to be out there.

Rumours, paparazzi and all the other rubbish that comes with this job aren't a big deal because it comes with the job. Otherwise this would be the best job in the world when we all know it's not."

Weirdly, I wanted to talk to Jack about what Freya had said. He would get it. It would make sense to him, though he would probably tell me exactly what Riley said, I still wanted it from his voice. I - dare I admit it - I missed him.

"Why do you miss him so much?" So after the talk with Riley I had needed a second opinion and who better than my best friend. She might not work in show business but she still talked sense.

I had talked to her about Riley and I had discussed. She backed Riley more than me but she had a couple of other questions on her mind.

"Because! He was always nice to me, we worked well together and well... he's my friend."

Jessy snorted. "He's was your friend, true. But now, I think you, Grandma, might want him to be more than that. You've been working with Jack Lowry and you don't think of him as more than just a friend?"

I laughed loudly. "No, I don't... please, don't give me that look. It's purely professional."

"Purely professional! Yeah right, Grandma. If it was me, it would be a completely different story. I would make them rumours come true for sure."

"I knew I should have gone to Henry. Speaking of, I have some presents for him. Where is he?"

I was proud of my presents. I had a limited edition Riley Long wall length poster signed by Riley herself. Plus, a large bag of male cosmetics Henry would love.

Jessy shrugged, muddling her words about where he was. "Anyways, don't go off the subject Grandma! You like Jack Lowry."

Shaking my head I wandered into the kitchen hoping Elise Hill's famous rice pudding hadn't been all eaten up yet. "So you're coming with me to the Leicester square premier in two days right?" I called back to her.

That would put Jessy off the subject of Jack Lowry, thankfully. Being my best friend she knew way too much about me than I would probably have liked, but I knew that I saw Jack as a friend and nothing more. I loved Georgie. Why would I break up one of the two loveliest couple around?