Lollipop Boy

"Hey Jess, wait up!" Sam called after his best friend. The beautiful blonde ran ahead of him, hoping to save them the best seats at the top of the bleachers.

An assembly had been called, and all students must attend. Sam smiled and shook his head as he began to jog to catch up to Jessica.

She was like the little sister he never had, and at first he thought the lollipops were coming from her, but they were much too intimate. He knew Jess didn't feel that way about him.

He grabbed her hand when he finally caught up to her and leaned on her to get up the bleachers. She stumbled, barely able to support his weight.

"Damn it, Sam! I'm like a little pixie and I can't fucking support your giant ass!" He chuckled, choosing a spot on the uncomfortable wooden benches. They settled in, growing silent as the principle began to tap the microphone.

Sam tuned out as the man began to talk about what he expected from the students. He stretched his legs out as much as he could and rested his head on the wall behind him. He closed his eyes and attempted sleeping, but Jess kept nudging him and making faces. Sitting up, he let his eyes wonder around the gym.

He and Jess were sophomores, so they sat in the south east corner of the gym. Each class had their own respective section to sit in. He stared across the floor to the bleachers where the juniors and seniors sat, his eyes grazing faces to see if he recognized anyone.

Going through the juniors, he stopped, seeing something familiar. A lollipop dangled out of the mouth of a brown haired boy. The boy was kind of short and had a mischievous aura about him, a smug grin permanently plastered on his face. Sam focused on this boy, giving him all of his attention, completely ignoring Jess. He watched for so long the brown haired boy finished his lollipop, only to flick it aside an pull out another.

That did it. Sam knew this was the guy, it all came down to the freaking sucker.

For the rest of the assembly he watched him, growing entranced by the way his mouth moved, the way his fingers grabbed the stem, and the way his eyes lit up when he got the first new taste of a lollipop. Sam never wanted to stop watching. If he thought lollipops brought joy to him, he loved what they did to the junior across the gym.

School dismissed after the assembly, and Sam was anxious as he waited for his brother to pick him and on the car ride home. Even before Dean came to a complete stop, Sam jumped out and ran to the closet that held last year's yearbook. Flipping the book open, he turned to the sophomore section, praying that the kid wasn't new this year. In his haste he almost missed it, but there, in the 5th column, 3rd row, was that face.

He looked a little different, his hair a little shorter, but Sam himself was often teased for his long hair. If Sam thought he was cute from a distance, he was perfect up close. His longish hair framed his light chocolaty eyes, which were set above that smug grin of his.

Sam smiled as he read the name, Gabriel Novak. Dean leaned against the door frame behind him and cleared his throat.

"So," he said, "why so antsy kid?" Sam's smile was so big, he thought he wouldn't be able to speak, but somehow he managed.

"This is him, Dean! Lollipop boy! Gabriel Novak, he's the one!" Dean shook his head and grinned at his brother's excitement. "Novak, huh? I know his brother, he's cute. Alright, Sammy. Just remember to have safe sex."

Sam blushed, standing up to shove Dean away. He heard Dean chuckling down the hall, but that didn't matter, nothing mattered, because he had a plan.