Chapter 2- Meeting Them

IA POV

My parents... they were dead. The explosion killed them. I will never see them again. I sat on the floor of the vehicle, processing what had happened. I knew something bad was gonna happen. My parents relied on the security system too much.

The boy with pale pink hair closed the car door and sat down. I looked down at my teddy bear. It was all I had to remember my parents. My dad gave it to me when I was young. Its fur was white with a black bow. Tears went down my cheeks as I replayed the memories I had of them.

"Hello there."

I flinched at the words. I looked up and saw the girl with short green hair looking at me.

"Hi."

"I'm Gumi. What's your name?" she asked.

"IA."

"Cool name. And don't worry, we're not going to harm you. We are a group that save innocent people during the Purge," she explained.

"Oh," I said, barely looking up.

"Sorry we weren't able to save your parents," the pink haired boy apologized.

I looked at him. His green eyes looked at me. I began crying more. I put my head down.

"By the way, I'm Yuuma," he said.

"Oh. Nice to meet you, Yuuma," I sniffed.

"Hey, guys, we need more ammo. There's some guys out there," the driver said.

"We're on it, Kaito," Gumi said.

They all grabbed a gun and got out of the car. It was only me and the curly pigtailed girl in the car.

"Hi. I'm Teto. I'm the nurse of the group," she told me.

"My name's IA," I said.

"Here," she handed me a shotgun.

Is she high or something? Why is she giving me a gun?

"But-"

"You are now part of our group. Take the gun," she said.

I took the gun. Was she expecting me to go out there and fight? She handed me a small box of ammo. She wanted me to go.

"Now, go fight," she said.

I still had the small gun my dad gave me earlier. I put it in my pocket. Teto opened the roof window.

"If you don't feel safe, then you can shoot people from this window," she told me.

I put my head through the window. I grabbed the gun and hesitated. How do I work this thing? Is it just like in the movies? Teto came up next to me and showed me how to use it. I tried it out and shot a guy with a mask. I cried even more. I just killed someone!

Do it for mom. Do it for dad, I chanted in my head. I shot a few more people. Blood and bodies littered the street. From behind, I felt someone wrap their hands around my neck. I caught a glimpse of the person. It was a person with a mask!

I grabbed the gun from my pocket. I pointed it at the head of the masked person and shot. The body dropped dead, and their hands let go and I cried. I almost died...

I saw the others come back to the car. I sat down and cried into my hands. I killed people. I had never gone outside during the Purge. And the first time I do, I don't die; I kill people.

The car door opened and the group came in and sat down. Yuma had blood on his clothes and hands. Gumi reloaded her gun. I looked down at my clothes and noticed the blood on my clothes. The blood of the person I just killed.

~

It was just two hours into the Purge. There was still ten hours to go. Was I gonna make it alive? How was I going to live? I had no answers to my questions. My parents were dead. I just killed several people. I lost everything.

I can't believe that I lost my house, my things, and most importantly, my parents in that explosion. When the Purge happens, I was always safe in my closet, and now I'm out of my house, killing people.

The car abruptly stopped. "Guys, look at this!" Kaito, the driver, said.

I looked at the direction he was pointing at. There was dozens of people with guns, chainsaws, and masks. No way we could survive that. But it didn't matter to me. I already lost everything. YOLO, right?

"Ok, I'm gonna drive through all that. I need two of you guys to get on top of the car and shoot. Got it?" Kaito said.

"Me and IA will go," Yuuma said. What..? He is cray if he thinks I'm actually gonna go out there and-

He grabbed my wrist and took me to the roof window. He opened it and told me to climb up on top of the car. He came after me. We lied on top of the car on our stomachs. "Start shooting!" he said.

I started shooting people randomly and I felt tears sting the back of my eyes. Is this how I was gonna die? I felt the car start moving, and I almost fell off. Yuuma put his arm around my waist to prevent that, causing me to blush from the sudden touch.

We kept on shooting, and I heard the load roar of a chainsaw in the distance. I made sure to shoot the people with chainsaws. Yuuma had the same idea. The car swerved around.

"There's too many! They're running towards us!" Kaito yelled.

Yuuma held me tighter to make sure I didn't fall off. I suddenly heard him cry out in pain. I noticed blood pouring from his back! He must've gotten shot! That didn't make him lose his grip around my waist, though.

"Yuuma! Let's get back in the car so you can get treated!" I yelled.

He nodded, his face pale. I got Gumi to help me put him back in. Teto quickly got out a first aid kit. Yuuma held my hand as Teto pulled out the bullet. He cried out in pain again. She put stiches on the wound and wrapped a bandage around it after cleaning it. He stood up slowly, still holding onto my hand tightly.

He finally let go of my hand. The bandage was leaking with blood. I had even more blood on me now; Yuuma's blood mixed with someone else's. The car continued moving quickly through the dangerous night, and everybody looked closely to see if there were people who needed help.

__________________________

Hey guys! I wanna thanks my sis, Samantha-chan, for editing the chapters for me. You are awesome!

~IA