Ten

That night, after the movie had ended, Mick carried Evelynn who was fast asleep to her bedroom and set her in her bed, Emily followed closely with her penguin hot water bottle and placed it in the bed against her back, before kissing her head.

"Goodnight my love," Emily whispered

"Night kiddo," Mick said also and led Emily from the room.

Emily had turned off the television downstairs before she had gone up with Evelynn's hot water bottle so she met Mick in her bedroom. She pulled off her clothes and changed into pjs.

"You're so good with her,"

"Think so? I always wanted kids but I can't" Mick replied

"Because of your job?"

"No, I physically can't get a woman pregnant, I was kicked by a horse when I was in my teens, it was my own fault but I never thought about it seriously until I met you for the first time," Mick said sadly

This broke Emily's heart, she climbed in his lap and cuddled him.

"Don't be sad for me baby, I know there's the adoption route,"

Emily pouted and kissed him gently, wrapping her arms around his neck. Mick slid his hands under her shirt and caressed her skin, giving her goosebumps. He pulled off her shirt and set her on her bed.

The next morning, Emily woke in the strong arms of her lover. She rubbed her face and turned to lay her head on his chest kissing it gently. Drawing patterns on Mick's skin. Emily could quite happily wake up in Mick Rawson's arms every single day.

"Morning baby," Mick said waking up.

"Morning," Emily placed a kiss on his lips.

"What time is it?"

Emily looked at the clock "A little after six,"

Mick pulled her closer and Emily set her head back on his chest. She closed her eyes and enjoyed the quiet of her house. Granted it was never really noisy at the Prentiss household but the early mornings made it even quieter. Mick kissed her hair and closed his eyes again.

"When do you have time off again?" Emily asked quietly

"I get one weekend off a month," Mick replied

"Do you have plans for next month?"

"Well, I have the Christmas weekend off so I was thinking about spending it with this real pretty woman I met a few years ago on a case and I just met her daughter recently,"

"Oh really, tell me about this real pretty woman as you call her,"

"Well now, she's an FBI BAU agent, totally badass but stunning all the same, she has shoulder length brown black hair and the most amazing brown eyes that a person could lose themselves in, her daughter, well she's a sweetheart, she's her mommy's double except she has icy blue eyes,"

"You really think she's a sweetheart?" Emily asked

"She really is, Em, you three did good with her," Mick replied

"I can't take all the credit, not really, John and Claudia raised her, I just saw her when I could,"

"Don't doubt yourself Emily, she seems happy enough to have come all this way to be with you,"

Emily smiled and sat upright, the blankets falling from her body. Mick groaned, he could never tire of seeing his girlfriend like that.

"Enjoy the view while it lasts, I'm going to shower soon,"