Eight

Evelynn's first month at school went surprisingly well considering she had broken her arm on the first day and Emily had been on a few cases. However, she had to rearrange her dance audition per instruction from the doctor until her arm was healed. When Friday rolled round, Evelynn was glad to get to the BAU so she could spend a weekend at home with Emily. She walked in with her backpack on one shoulder. She greeted one of the security guards as she picked up a visitors badge and clipped it to her jacket. Evelynn made her way to the elevators and pressed for on, she got in the first one that appeared and pressed the button for her mother's floor. Evelynn wasn't fond of elevators but she refused to use the stairs going up.

After a few moments, the elevator dinged on the floor she needed. She got out and made her way to the Bullpen. Evelynn pushed open the doors and walked inside, stopping when she saw a tall man talking to Rossi. From behind, Evelynn had a feeling that this man was none other than Derek Morgan. The one agent she was nervous about meeting. She was nervous to meet them all of course, but Derek more so, her mother had told her how the team had reacted when she came back from the 'dead'. This being said, made her feel very uneasy. However; Emily had seen her walk in and quickly approached her.

"Hey you, did you have a good day?" Emily asked kissing Evelynn's head

"Up until now, yeah," Evelynn didn't take her eyes away from Morgan's back.

"Better to do it now than later on, Derek can I borrow you a moment?" Emily called

Derek turned and walked to the two, stopping when he noticed how similar they looked.

"Derek this is Evelynn, my daughter,"

"I see that, it's who her father is that's worrying me," Morgan replied

This didn't help Evelynn's nerves one bit, she moved closer to her mother, much like a young child would.

"I'm not going to sugar coat it, her father is Ian Doyle," Emily admitted

"Anymore secrets Emily?" He asked, slightly annoyed

"This is all, I promise, he died before he had the chance to find out about her,"

"And that makes this better how?" Derek looked at her pointedly

"He never go the chance to hurt her,"

Derek balled his fists stopping himself from saying something he knew he'd regret. He looked at the child, eyes full of not hate but uncertainty. He could never hate a child but he could be unsure of her. This was the offspring of a murderer, she had a fifty percent chance of turning out like him. Seeing her almost cling to Emily, reminded him of his own son, Hank and the innocence they both shared. He decided to reserve his judgement of Evelynn, Emily seemed happier now than he had seen her in a long time, she had something now that she didn't then and that was Evelynn. Knowing this, eased Derek's worries somewhat. He held out his hand to Evelynn, who moved from her mother's side and shook it.

"Hello sir," Evelynn said shyly

Derek smiled slightly "Derek or Morgan kid, sir makes me feel old,"

"You are old!" Penelope chirped

"Don't make me spank you," Derek mused at Garcia

"Only in my waking dreams,"

Evelynn scrunched up her face and looked at her mother. Emily smiled sheepishly before sending the teen into her office.

"Don't hold her father against her, she isn't like him, Derek," Emily said gently

"Emily, it's a lot to take in, you kept her a secret from us for what fifteen years and expect me to take to her like a duck to water, do you remember what he did to you?"