One

As Big Ben struck three am, fifteen-year-old Evelynn pulled on her padded winter coat and wheeled her small suitcase along with her backpack on her shoulder, down the hall to the front door. Stopping only to pull on her ankle boots and to set a note in the key dish. Pocketing her phone, Evelynn slipped into the empty London street. Once she pulled her case outside, she closed the door and locked the door, posting her keys through the letterbox.

She walked down the road and signalled a taxi, the Black cab stopped and she got inside, pulling her case with her.

"Where to?" the roughly spoken driver asked

"Heathrow, Terminal three, please," she replied

Not asking question, the driver set off into the night, Evelynn wasn't running because things were bad at home, she loved he adoptive parents; Claudia and John, but she longed to be with her mother in Virginia. Evelynn was in an open adoption which meant she knew and was in regular contact with her mother. However, she never knew her father, she was born after her mother was removed from a mission, which she got too close to one Ian Doyle.

"Things bad at home?" He questioned the teen.

"No, I'm visiting family,"

Nothing more was said between the two, Evelynn played with her silver heart locket, her beloved mother had given to her for her tenth birthday. Evelynn had every right to be angry at her mother for giving her up but she adored her mother. She looked like her mother, did Evelynn, except she had blue eyes like her father but she could still pull off a successful puppy dog face.

It was during her mother's visit last Christmas that Evelynn decided she wanted to live with her mother, permanently. She felt empty being so far away from Emily. Not only was Emily her mother, she was also Evelynn's best friend and she could talk to her about literally anything. The only thing was, Emily had no idea that her good-as-gold daughter had spent most of her college savings on a one- way ticket to Virginia.

Evelynn must have fallen asleep because she found herself being shaken awake by the driver. After quickly rubbing her eyes, Evelynn got out of the car with her bags and paid the driver before walking into her terminal to check in. She handed over her passport and because her suitcase was small enough, she didn't need to check it into the hold as it could fit above her head.

Evelynn had just sat down at her gate when her adoptive mother, Claudia rang. Rolling her eyes, Evelynn reluctantly answered.

"Hi Claudia," She spoke

"Hi Claudia?! I wake up to find your bed empty and half your clothes missing, a note saying you're going to Emily in the middle of the night and you say hi?! What are you thinking!?" Claudia freaked out. She was good at that.

"I'm thinking, I want to go to my mother," Evelynn retorted

"Sweetie, we've been over this, your mother's job isn't ideal for children, that's why she gave you to us,"

"She did it to protect me," Evelynn hated hearing someone badmouth her mother.

"Protect you from her job, look, stay there, John will come and get you," Claudia pleaded

"No, I'm going to my mother and that's it," Evelynn ended the call.

She was going to her mother and that was that. John often stated she got her stubbornness from Emily, it was a trait that got her into trouble on more than one occasion.

Soon enough, Evelynn was on her flight, taking off. Soaring higher and higher into the sky. All while the sun was rising. The butterflies that had hatched when she left home in the taxi, were doing a salsa in her stomach the closer she was getting to her mother. Evelynn put on her headphones and tried to get some sleep.

After what seemed only minutes, Evelynn was woken by a steward to see if she wanted something to eat. Evelynn graciously accepted a rolled up pizza slice and a bottle of water.

"It's extremely important to stay hydrated when flying," Evelynn recalled her science teacher saying a few months ago.

She ate her food and fell back to sleep, Evelynn could hear her mother's voice from so far away, she was desperate to be in Emily's arms and to bury her face in her mother's dark hair.

The next time Evelynn woke, was when the plane touched down at the airport. She gathered her things and left the plane. Evelynn cleared Immigration and walked into the cab station. She got into an empty car and gave the cabbie the address of the BAU. Before he could question her why, Evelynn was asleep.

Unknown to her, Emily rang, after being called during a case by John to tell her what had happened. Blissfully unaware of the busy streets around her, Evelynn slept peacefully. But all too soon she was woken by the cabbie.

After paying, Evelynn sat on a bench trying to gather herself before going inside. Deciding that stalling wasn't going to help, Evelynn walked inside and into one SSA Jennifer Jareau. Stumbling backwards and just managing to balance herself.

"I am so sorry," Evelynn spoke

"It's ok, can I help you?" JJ asked

"I'm here to see Agent Prentiss,"

"Come with me, who is asking?"

"Evelynn Reynolds,"

JJ nodded and led Evelynn up to the office and up the catwalk, stopping outside of Emily's office.

"Wait in here and I'll get her,"

Evelynn stepped inside and looked around her mother's office, it was neat and clean, 'Just like Emily' she thought.

JJ walked into the roundtable room and pulled Emily to one side.

"What is it JJ?" Emily asked

"An Evelynn Reynolds is here to see you, she's in your office," JJ answered

Turning her attention briefly to her team, Emily got their attention.

"You'll need to start without me, something's come up,"

The team nodded and Emily left the room, walking along the catwalk and into her office.

"Evelynn!" Emily exclaimed closing her door and blinds.

"Hi mom,"