A Study In Pink Part 2

Start from the beginning

"This is Angelo," Sherlock introduced. "Three years ago I proved that at the time of a particularly vicious triple murder, he was in completely different part of town housebreaking." Sherlock explained nonchalantly, watching 22 Northumberland for signs of activity.

"What an interesting man you are. I'd like a cup of tea please." Evelyn said serenely, earning another stare from Sherlock.

"He cleared my name." Angelo insisted.

"I cleared it a bit." Sherlock corrected. "Anything happening opposite?"

"No, nothing. But for this man, I'd have gone to prison."

"You did go to prison."

"I'll get a candle for the table, it's more romantic." Angelo said, making Eve chuckle, not bothering to protest again.

"You may as well eat, we may have a long wait." Sherlock said as Angelo returned with a little candle and a thumbs up.

"Tea is fine. There's a mystery to be solved, Sherlock. It's much too exciting to eat!" She said with large smile.

Sherlock couldn't help but smile back at the force of her enthusiasm. She was...unexpected, and he was still trying to figure Evelyn Hudson out. All attempts had so far failed.

"Everything does become dull in comparison." Sherlock said.

"Even people? Friends, family, girlfriends, boyfriends?" Eve inquired, watching him.

"As I said, dull."

"So no girlfriend?" Evelyn asked, looking over to John and the bartender flirting.

"No, not really my area." He stated, making Eve smile good naturedly.

"Boyfriend?"

"No."

Eve nodded, turning her gaze to the house across the street. She said nothing else, but she could feel Sherlock watching her. He'd been doing that a lot since the crime scene earlier that night.

Evelyn's phone rang, an unknown number flashing across the screen. With little thought, she silenced it and slid the mobile into her pocket. Her eyes widened as she noticed a taxi across the street.

"Sherlock, that cab. It's stopped outside 22 Northumberland."

"Nobody getting in, nobody getting out...Why a taxi? Oh, that's clever. Is it clever?" Sherlock said to himself.

"The murderer." Evelyn whispered.

"Don't stare." Sherlock said.

Eve smiled, getting up and putting her coat on. "You're right, we shouldn't both stare."

Sherlock stood as well, keeping his continued amazement at her in check. Without another word they left the restaurant. The man in the taxi looked back and them before the vehicle pulled away. Sherlock sprinted after it, only to have to slide across the hood of a car that nearly ran him over.

"I got the license plate." Evelyn said.

"Good for you." Sherlock said, placing his fingers on his temples and speaking to himself.

He was off and running again, with Eve following closely behind. They ran through a back alley, up a flight of stairs, then another flight of stairs, and made it onto a rooftop. From there, they jumped over a balcony to another roof and then another. On the third jump, Eve looked down.

It was long drop to unforgiving cement. She felt slightly nauseous and began to lose her courage. She'd never really been a fan of heights.

"Evelyn, come on! We're losing him!" Sherlock shouted. "I'll catch you!" He added, trying to reassure her.