A Lost Voice (Ciel X Reader)

BEFORE THE PHANTOMHIVE'S

SOMEWHAT OF A PROLOUGE...

It was pouring out today in London. You hid in a back ally behind a trashcan, hoping to avoid anyone who passed by. It was thundering and lightning out, which made it even worse. You sat there and shivered in the cold, your dress had been torn for a couple of months now, even though you hated it, it was all you had. Your (h/c) hair was tangled in knots and smelled horribly of garbage. The bruises all over your legs and arms ached worse everyday because of the running and hiding you had to do. This sucked, you were all alone, but not just today or yesterday, but you had been forever. Your shoes had been torn and your face was smudged with dirt and mud. You just sat there and looked at the sky, you looked and saw all the happy couples walking past you with umbrella's and there arms were wrapped around each other. You sat there and envied them, they didn't know how good they had it.

"There she is! Get her!" A man shouted and pointed at you. You recognized them and immediately started running. They followed you down the Ally's so you had to run onto the main street. People stared as you ran by. The men just kept running after you and no matter how fast you ran they just kept catching up. You were out of breath so you dove into a back ally and waited for them to pass. As they passed you caught your breath and sat down. You were grabbed and yanked up by your hair. The men faced you and there was no where to run, no one to help, no one at all. He chuckled and it sent a shiver down your spine.

"C'mon girl, I think you know what we want." The man demanded. You stared down at the ring on your right hand, middle finger. You looked back up at the man. This was the ring you had gotten from your mother before...before...You weren't going to give it up that easily. The man laughed again. The men behind him got closer and closer. You never thought you would say this but...

"HELP!!" You screamed. The man slapped you across the face. He put his hands around your neck and started tightening them. The men started laughing as your vision blurred. You tried to pry his hands away but he was too strong. You stared to cry as they laughed even more, Your vision started fading as they demanded you to give them the ring. You started kicking and crying as well as trying to slap but the men simply laughed the more you struggled, and the more you struggled the harder the man's hands got around your throat. You couldn't breath. 'Help me, someone anyone!' You begged in your mind...dang it this hurt! After a while you couldn't even speak your throat hurt so much. A single tear slid down your face.

"Sebastian, this is an order, kill those men and rescue that girl!" A boy's voice commanded. Soon the man was no longer holding you and you fell to the ground. Your body was limp and weak as you tried to keep yourself awake. 'come on (Y/n) you can do this...you can do this...you...can...do' And with that your vision faded and you passed out.

The next morning you awoke. You rubbed your head and blinked until your eyes adjusted. You were in a rather fancy room, It had hard wood floors and a gorgeous queen sized bed that you lied in. You looked around and reached for the glass of water by your desk. You drank all of it and lie in your bed trying to take in your surroundings. A light knock on your door caused you to panic. You somehow managed to croak out a
"Come in..." A boy entered. He was a little older than you, 13 perhaps with silver-blue hair. He was finely dressed and was wearing a blue diamond encrusted ring around his right thumb. You stared at him curiously as he walked closer to you, you started to panic. He came over to the side of your bed and looked at you. His eye was what caught your attention first. One was a beautiful shade of blue and the other was covered by an eye patch. He was dressed as a noble man should, at least you HOPED he wasn't a noble man. Why would a high standing nobleman be nice to a lower class girl like you.

"And who might you be?! And where am I?! Are you the one who helped me last night?!" You asked all at once. You expected the boy to be amused and chuckle at you, but instead he stared at you with a cold glare and a straight face just waiting to answer your question.

"I am Ciel Phantomhive, you are at my estate in the guest bedroom." The boy explained. "I will have my butler Sebastian tend to you, but I cannot let you stay here unless you work, so as soon as you are ready please put your maid's uniform on." He said as he walked out of the room. Ciel Phantomhive was a noble man...dang it! Why oh why! You saw the bathroom and ran into it immediately taking a shower and just stood there. The hot droplets hit your bruised and tender skin. After a 10 minute shower you stepped out, wrapped in a towel, and found your maid uniform, it was black and it flared at the waist, with an apron wrapped at the waist, and it fell just above your knees. You hated dresses and did NOT like this one bit, but after all Ciel Phantomhive did rescue you and you did not want to inconvenience the manor. You heard another knock at the door and ran into the bathroom and brushed your (h/c) hair quickly.

"Come in." You said. Peeking out from the bathroom door, not wanting either of them to see you with only a towel. Ciel Phantomhive walked in and was flanked by a man dressed in black. Ciel explained to you that you would start work this afternoon. There was a ball the next evening, you heard everyone talk about it. You nodded your head as Ciel walked out and Sebastian stood in front of you.

"That dress looks rather nice on you." Sebastian complimented, after you had put it on. You blushed and turned away. "Please call me Sebastian, and call Ciel "Young Master" or "Young Lord". He explained. That didn't make sense due to the fact that he looked older than you.
"Excuse me but...but I believe they he...he is older than me...". You stuttered. Sebastian smiled.
"Then refer to him as Master Ciel." Sebastian said. You nodded and took his hand as Sebastian escorted you to your work for the day.