Chapter 31 - Karma's a B*tch

Start from the beginning

"Like complete shit," he chuckled, shaking his head as he chewed on a strawberry. "What about you?  You were like a machine with those shots!"

"I probably feel worse than you," I admitted, scooping some eggs into my mouth. "I don't really drink, especially like that."

"Hey, when you have stuff to forget like that...Let's just say I get it."

I didn't want to ask, but I felt like I had to even though I already knew the answer. "Hey, did we...."

"Sleep together?" He finished my sentence, looking me in the eyes. "I really don't remember much of anything, but we were both naked and I found three condoms on the floor, so..."

"Three?!" I exclaimed, eyes widening as I choked on my orange juice. "Are you kidding me?!"

Mason shrugged. "At least I used protection."

"Oh, at least," I said sarcastically, letting my head fall into my hands. I was mortified! Sober me barely touched boys, how was drunk me a freak?! "I should go." Groaning, I stood up and shoved my hands in my pockets.

"I'm sorry," he said, making me freeze. "We were both too drunk and we shouldn't have done anything. Even though I was black out drunk, I shouldn't have touched you and I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault," I told him, forcing a soft smile. I felt like puking again just thinking about it.  Before I started to cry I turned on my heels and practically ran from the room.

I didn't know where exactly Mason had taken me, but it didn't take long to grab a cab off of the busy Main Street the hotel was sitting on. Once inside all I had to do was tell the driver which hotel to take me to, and then sit back and relax. Relaxing, however, was the farthest thing from my mind. What had I been thinking?! Even drunk out of my mind how had I had sex with Mason James? How was I going to explain this to Savanna?

She was going to kill me.

Honestly, I think I was having a hard time processing my emotions.  Other than the slight disgust I felt at myself for sleeping with Mason, I really didn't...Care.  At all.  Of course I was dreading Ben finding out, that would break my heart.  But to myself it didn't seem to matter.  Once I had lost my virginity, why did it really matter who I slept with?

When the cab came to a stop, I paid the nice man with the last of my cash and started the walk up the stairs.  It didn't take long, however, before the front doors slid open and arms were thrown around my body. "Shiloh, thank god," Savanna's flustered voice filled my ears as I struggled to breathe.  She was squeezing me so tight I couldn't move.  Suddenly, she released me so quickly I thought she would slap me.  I braced myself, but the blow never came "where the hell have you been?!"  She exclaimed, grabbing me wrist and dragging me inside.  She probably felt like she had to hold on to me before I disappeared again.

"I didn't mean to." I told her, lowering my head. "I'm sorry. I was drinking and then-"

"You were drinking with Mason James?!" She screeched, spinning on her heels to face me.  Everyone in the lobby was looking at us, waiting for something to happen.  If I wasn't so scared I would have been embarrassed.

"How did you know I was with Mason?" I asked, blood draining from my face.

"Oh please, everybody knows" she scoffed, rolling her eyes. "It's all anyone's talking about.  When a random girl leaves a big party holding hands with a famous movie star, it tends to catch people's attention."  Damn Mason! I was going to kill him!

"I'm sorry," I squeaked, hunching my shoulders. How was a woman who was usually so kind all of a sudden so scary?

"You should be sorry!" Savanna snapped, grabbing my wrist once again and dragging me to the elevator. "You couldn't even send a quick text just to-"