Chapter 9 - Spin the What?

When we got back to the house, I did my best to sneak up the stairs without anyone seeing me. I had put my clothes back on but my underwear was soaking, which meant it had soaked through my shirt and sweatpants. Ben didn't say a single word to me as he stomped down the hall to his room, in fact he went out of his way not to look at me. I didn't know what had happened, but he was back to his usual, grumpy self.

I didn't get him, he was like fire and ice. One minute he was totally sweet and then the next he froze me out. We either got along great or were at each others throats. It was enough to make me want to pull out my hair and scream.

I grumbled to myself about Ben as I got ready for the barbecue, refusing to acknowledge the fact that I was stressing over something I should have brushed off. There was nothing more infuriating than him, no one could rile me up that much. All I wanted was for everyone to get along, because as far as I could tell my sisters and I weren't going anywhere anytime soon.

As I was blow drying my hair, Savanna poked her head through my door. "Hey, there are some people here I want you to meet, you almost ready?" She had done her hair up into a tight bun and was wearing a tight, form fitting dress. How was it possible for a woman who had given birth to seven kids to look that good?

"Yeah, just give me a minute," I said, running a brush through my hair. I hadn't gotten a chance to put on makeup yet, but I knew Savanna wouldn't wait. Instead of stressing I put on some tinted moisturizer and hustled down the stairs. My not so formal, plain, navy blue sundress I had thrown on would have to do.

I found the Miller family gathered in the living room, already entertaining a handful of guests. Smiling, I took a deep breath and walked in. It was time to put my social skills to the test.

AKA I was about to crash and burn, because my social skills were zero.

Savanna notcied me within seconds and a huge smile spread across her face. "There she is," she exclaimd, making a crowd of people turn to face me. My stomach seemed to drop to the floor as a dozen pairs of eyes locked onto me. "This is Shiloh, the oldest of the girls were taking care of."

"She's precious," an old women exclaimed, holding out her hands. I wasn't sure if she wanted a hug or if it was just a friendly gesture, so I settled for slowly walking towards their circle of people. "I'm Jason's mom," the woman said, apparently unaffected by my awkwardness. "But you can call me Nancy."

"Hi, Nancy," I squeaked. I held out my hand for a handshake, but she quickly rolled her eyes and pulled me into a tight hug. I grunted, coliding with her rock hard boobs. It seriously felt like I was being impailed.

"Shi, come here!" Arielle cried, finally making Nancy release me. I smiled kindly at her before ducking out of the way, hurrying over to my little sister. "Look, I have a new friend." She guestured to a little girl to her left; she was slightly taller than Arielle with chocolate brown hair that reached her waist. She was dressed in a red polkadot dress that flaied out and made her look like a cupcake.

"Hello," I cooed, bending down to her height. "I'm Shiloh, what's your name?"

"Auroa," she squeaked, rocking back and forth on her feet. This made Arielle beam at me, jumpping up and down excitedly.

"She has a princess name too, isn't that cool?!" my sister gushed, unable to contain herself. I couldn't help it, I giggled at her enthusiasm. When Arielle was younger she had made a big fuss about how she was the only person she knew who had a princess name; I guess it had still been a prominate issue in her brain.

"That's Shila's daughter," Nancy said, coming up behind me and placing a hand on my shoulder. I'm not sure what her deal was with psychical contact, but I tried not to stiffen. I had a feeling it would be perceived as rude. "Shila is Jason's sister, of course. Have you met her yet?"