Chapter 28 - Caught

Mulai dari awal

"That doesn't explain why she's calling you while you're in my bed," I hissed.

He looked exhausted. I almost felt bad. Almost. "She has issues, Shi. I try to be sensitive because I am the one who knocked her up and forced her to make an impossible decision. Despite what you may think of me right now, I haven't been with Monica since before I met you. You've captivated me from the moment you walked into my living room.  And I meant what I said, despite this being the wrong time and the wrong place. I wasn't going to say it yet. If you want me to be completely honest, I might not have said it at all. I'm not an open person, Shiloh, and you know that. I've never pretended to be someone I'm not."

That was true. My emotions were getting the better of me, and though I didn't want to I slowly felt my anger fading. "What about the picture?" I asked, my voice barely audible.

"Well I would delete it, but I think I need a new phone," he chuckled, shaking his head. I couldn't help but smile a little, either. Oops. Before I could respond Ben marched towards me, making me squeak. I stumbled backwards, almost falling, dropping the blanket when I tried to catch myself.  My back hit the other wall; I was trapped. He placed one hand by my head and one hand on my hip, his face inches from mine. My breath hitched. "You've got me, Shiloh, and if you'll have me I'm in. I want to be with you. You're annoying and god you piss me off sometimes, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I promise, Monica is not going to be a problem again."

I didn't know what to say. My brain wasn't working properly because of how close he was standing. The effect he had on me was ridiculous. Instead of responding I crashed my lips to his, unable to focus on anything else. The kiss was urgent and greedy, like we needed each other. I snaked my hands around his neck while sucking his bottom lip into my mouth, earning a deep, throaty noise from Ben. It made me smirk. As if in response Ben's hand on my hip found its way farther south. My breathing became shallow and uneven, an involuntary moan escaping my lips. 

A little scream made me break away, pushing Ben backwards. He stumbled, barely catching himself on the opposite wall before he fell. My hands flew to cover my chest as I turned to the door, already knowing who had screamed. "Um, Shiloh?" Arielle stood in the doorway, hands covering her eyes. "What is going on?"

"Shit," I vaguely heard Ben hiss as I tried to run out of the shower.  I was halfway there when I lost the footing under me and fell forwards, crying out in pain as I landed on the hard surface.  Ben had been right behind me and nearly tripped over my legs.  He yelped and jumped to the side, catching his balance just before he fell on me.  My elbow felt like it shattered into a million pieces, not to mention my left knee cap. 

"What is going on - Oh my god!" Savanna exclaimed, turning her back as soon as she took in the scene in front of her.  She grabbed Arielle by the shoulders and turned her around, too.  Blinking back tears, I forced myself up and limped to grab a towel, wrapping it around myself.  Ben wasn't far behind me.

My heart was beating a million times per minute.  Shit.  Fuck.  There weren't enough curse words to describe this situation.  There were a million better ways I had envisioned telling Savanna and Jason about Ben and I's relationship.  This was the worst possible way to make that announcement.  I was mortified and my whole body hurt like a bitch from falling.  I wasn't sure if the tears falling down my cheeks were from the pain or the embarrassment, but I knew it was nothing compared to the ass whooping we were both about to receive.

For a moment we were all silent, the atmosphere so tense you could've cut it with a butter knife.  I could feel Ben's gaze locked on me, but I refused to look at him.  Then I would really break down.  Ben took a step forward, as if to protect me.  "Mom-"