First encounter

*Jamie*

Jamie saw bright, golden eyes that peered out of the darkness. He saw darkness spreading on the walls and floor towards his location in the room, but he couldn't scream no matter how hard he tried to.

The dark figure walked slowly towards Jamie who sat trembling in the corner of the room.

"Oh Jamie, I've missed you." The voice said, followed by a chuckle. Jamie’s fingers felt like ice, and his skin was crawling. All his memories about his childhood had been confirmed by this very incident, he knew who this was. 

"P-Pitch, how did you come back?" Jamie's voice quivered, nearly choking from fear.

"I wasn't truly gone; my nightmares only had it look that way. They've always been very loyal to me, and they knew what I had in mind the night the Guardians 'Defeated me' and so they took me away so we could plan what I'm about to do now." Pitch's voice said.

Jamie sat still, he had stopped trembling, but tears were still falling from his eyes.

"What are you going to do?" Jamie asked, he saw no use in trying to get away, he already knew what Pitch was capable of, and without the Guardians by his side there was nothing he could do to save himself. Pitch knelt down to Jamie’s level and looked him right in his eyes. Jamie felt bony hands slowly slide up his neck and tilted his head at his chin. His confusion must have been evident on his face, because Pitch laughed and sighed.

"Oh Jamie, I'm going to use you to get my revenge." He said, his hand still stroking Jamie’s cheek, sending goose bumps up his spine. 

"What are you doing?" Jamie spat out, his eyebrows pointing downwards and anger emitting from his pale face. Pitch let out a snicker, and put his hand on Jamie's shoulder.

"I haven't seen you in so long Jamie, I'm admiring how well you've grown up," He said, his pointy teeth bit his lip, before he looked down at Jamie’s hand. "You've cut your thumb, self-harm doesn't make it any better does it, sweet Jamie?" 

"How long have you been here? You've been watching me haven't you?" Jamie said, never looking pitch in the eyes. 

"Jamie, I've been around for a while, but when I saw you in a cinema with your friends, and I joined in, I knew it was the right time to return." Pitch said before laughing and looking up at the moon. "You've always been scared of Horror movies, Jamie"

"You-you're the one who gave me those nightmares every night!" Jamie pulled away from Pitch and stood, before Pitch stood as well.

"I only did that because I needed to practice, I've been unable to give people nightmares for so long that I was afraid I'd have lost my ability to truly horrify people in their sleep," Pitch said, his turned his slightly to look back and Jamie. "Tell me, Jamie, did it work?"

Jamie was silent. Pitch smiled and clicked his fingers and his horse of black sand galloped into the room and stood next to him, his eyes of flame stared hauntingly at Jamie.

"Good," Pitch walked to the corner of the room he had come from, before looking back at Jamie. "I'll be back, soon Jamie. I'll give you a rest from the nightmares now, I think; it’d be nice to see you sleep peacefully."

Jamie shivered a sense of dread shook his body at the thought of Pitch watching him sleep.

"Oh and Jamie, before I go, you won't mention a thing to Jack, or any other Guardians for that matter, or your little sister Sophie might have someone climbing through her window and taking her in the night." Pitch said before sending the black horse through Jamie and he was gone. Jamie lay on the floor crying once more, but this time it was out of fear, not heartbrokenness.