Desperation

Jamie stood up from his bed, he had heard his sister call him from her bedroom and he quickly wiped away the tears from his face and walked to her.

"Yes Sophie?" Jamie said standing in her bedroom doorway, sniffing and trying to appear strong. If there was one thing Jamie hated most, it was looking weak and broken in front of Sophie. She'd already seen enough as it is.

"Why are you crying?" said Sophie's sweet voice. She pulled the blanket closer to her face and had a worried look on her little face.

"Oh, no it's nothing," Jamie said walking in towards her and crouching down on the floor just near Sophie's bed. "What do you want Soph?" 

"I-I can't sleep." She said, before coughing a little. 

"Does that hurt?" Jamie said pointing to the bandage covering Sophie’s broken nose. Sophie shook her head. "Is it too dark in here with the door closed? I can bring my lamp in here if you want." Jamie said.

"No, but can you close my window? I can't lie here and sleep without me thinking someone’s gonna come in and take me." She said, making Jamie smile.

He picked himself up off the floor, walked over to the window and shut it, closing the blinds.

"Now we can't have anybody taking you in the night can we? That'd make us very sad." Jamie said.

"Jamie, are you sure it's nothing?" Jamie paused for a moment, before speaking.

"What's nothing?" Jamie said. Sophie's eyebrows fell from high and concerned, to low and are-you-serious?

"Don't play dumb with me boy, I seen you crying before." Sophie said, making Jamie laugh.

"It's nothing you should be worrying about Soph, goodnight." Jamie said stroking Sophie's long sandy blonde hair before leaving and closing the door.

Jamie's mum was out, she didn't really tell Jamie why, but she'd been doing it a lot lately. He walked into the kitchen, putting his elbows on the counter and his face in his hands. He began to sob, his arms shaking and he cried into his sleeve.  Jamie glanced back at his bedroom, door wide open, and thought about the razor in his drawer. He'd never self-harmed in his life, and he didn't keep a razor blade for that specific reason at all, but the thought made him step towards his door. Something told him that it wasn't worth it, but he wanted to do it anyway. He needed to let the pain out that he was feeling inside.

The razor was cold against his skin, and he felt it was too much. He wasn't careful and the razor cut his thumb. He let out a loud gasp and the razor fell back on the desk, and Jamie got up quickly to get to the first aid kit in the bathroom, the razor sitting in a small pool of his blood spreading into the grain of the wood creating a brown stain. He regretted even the thought of doing it now, and he hadn't even intentionally cut himself when it happened, and it just made his emotions worse.

He had moved himself to the carpet beside the couch in the living room and he cried his heart out, leaning back against the leather and staring up at the moon through his window. It was almost full, and the clouds were slowly drifting away from it revealing its entire presence in the night starry sky. He had nothing left to do, so he went back to his childhood.

"I know you're supposed to still be asleep or whatever but," Jamie began, folding in on himself. He felt so stupid talking to the moon for help. "I can't do this anymore." 

Jamie felt the lump in his throat tighten, causing him to swallow hard and the tears poured down his face. He wiped the away with his sleeve that was pulled to his finger tips and his elbows were crossed at his bent knees. Jamie paused before a quick and shaky inhale and the sobbing started again, he had never cried so much in his life. 

"If any of that stuff really happened, back all those years ago," He began, his voice now desperate and almost hard to understand from the sobbing. 

"And I wasn't just a dumb kind who had no friends so he made up his own, like everyone told me I was." 

"Please bring Jack to me." Jamie whispered into his knees and he sighed heavily. Jamie sat in silence for about thirty seconds after.

"Awe, Jamie that was so touching." A deep, soft voice spoke from the dark room somewhere to the side. Jamie spun around, and let out a scream, muffled slightly by his sleeve. 

(A/N: Sorry this is short, I, ah, only had this much to put in this chapter :) )