"You're day dreaming, Ruko."

"Huh?" Ichigo started scrubbing again. "Oh, yeah. Sorry."

She giggled as she climbed off the chair she was using to reach the line, to gather more clothes. "What were you thinking about?" Throwing the wet clothes over her shoulder, she climbed back up and started hanging some more.

"Oh. Nothing really." He felt a sudden urge to rip the Sekkiseki stone from his neck and reclaim Zangetsu, but it passed quickly. "What it must feel like to have all that power, sword in hand. To be a Soul Reaper."

To his surprise she nodded sympathetically. "I dream of that too sometimes." She cocked her head to one side, staring at him. "Do you think that if you were a soul reaper, you could see that Captain that you like? The gentle one?"

Ichigo blushed quickly and turned back to his scrubbing. He got uncomfortable talking to anyone about stuff like that, never mind someone who looked as young as his little sisters! "No! I was just..."

"It's ok. I won't tell any-"

The back door to the house opened and Gi came out in to the yard. "Hiroko. Madam Asami wants you."

Hiroko finished putting the peg on a piece of clothing only to have him yell at her. "Now!"

"Yes. Yes, I'm going now." She jumped off her chair and he stepped only enough out of her way to allow her to squeeze past his giant frame. He stepped outside and closed the door behind him. Ichigo spared a quick glance at the gate and put his head down, scrubbing harder at the clothes.

"Stand up, boy."

Sighing to himself, Ichigo let the shirt he was washing fall back in to the water and stood up, slowly. He could feel the anger radiating off this man and wanted to let him feel a little of his own. He knew he couldn't do that though, so he stood in silence in front of him, head bowed.

Gi walked slowly around him, stopping again when he once more stood in front of Ichigo. "Do you know what happens the first day you come to work in this house?"

Ichigo didn't have a clue. He shook his head, no.

Gi punched him in the stomach. Surprised, Ichigo folded up in pain and fell to his knees. Before he could even get his breath back, Gi grabbed him by the scruff of the neck and hauled him over to the wall, holding him up by his throat.

"When you come in to this house, you are seen by me! I get the pleasure of all new arrivals, no matter anyone else! But you? You are denied to me?"

"I- I'm sorry." Ichigo fought to get a breath against the pressure being applied to his throat.

"You will be! Bloody Soul Reapers! Picking the best meat before anyone else can get any. How dare they!" Gi threw him roughly to one side, Ichigo falling hard sideways into a wall as he went down on his knees. Angry, he turned to face his attacker, only to get a kick in the face.

At that moment, Hiroko came back through the doorway and saw the scene in front of her. She paused in fright, letting Gi grab her and pull her close to him. He turned back to Ichigo. "I see you've made a friend here. Are you listening, boy?"

Ichigo sat up slowly, the rage inside trying to overwhelm him. "Yes." He said, quietly. Gi never knew at that moment just how close he was to death.

"Then listen well. I know your type. Always sucking the cock of the most important man in reach! Looking for his protection! Well, the second this bastard Captain of yours is done with you, if you don't come to find me and beg me to suck my cock, I am going to kill your little friend here." For good measure he threw her at Ichigo, who caught her and held her in his arms. "You come and find me and beg me. Beg me for my cock or I will inflict such pain upon you, you will wish you were dead." He grinned at the scene in front of him. "What are you to do?"