Going Down

You've never been so cold. The wind feels as though it goes right through you, chilling you to the core until you swear you can feel your bones shivering.

How long has it been? Just how far have you travelled? Will you be okay?

You're currently lying on your dragons back staring up at the night as it stares critically back down at you. You know that it's ridiculous, stars haven't eyes and therefore cannot see let alone stare back with judgement, but in this moment, it is as though they do. The stars have changed since you've last been on land. The Southern Cross no longer visable, and with it, you're path home gone also. Home. Is it really that anymore? You've left. No turning back. What's done cannot nor be undone. You're alo-

You're trail of thoughts is forced to an end as Danzi (you're dragon) begins to pick up speed. Each flap of his wings causes you to jolt forward a small amount. You can't do anything though. There's no energy left in you to move, not even enough to right yourself on Danzi's now blood-soaked back. With another sudden jolt, your head falls to the side. Danzi's silvery-teel scales barely visable under your now dried blood. Shit. That's a lot of blood. You guess the cold and lack of blood is the reason why you can't feel your wound anymore.

Feeling the sudden movement of your head, Danzi turns back towards you now. You lift your eyes from the blood up to his glowing yellow eyes. He looks a bit more relaxed now that you're awake yet worry still being the most dominant expression he portrays. He turns back to face forward and speeds up again. With his neck no longer curved to look back at you, you notice an island not far off ahead. It's covered in the oddest looking buildings you've ever seen. Oh. That's why he was picking up. He wants to land.

Danzi begins to fly higher in order to avoid being spotted by the residents of said odd houses. Once reaching the island, Danzi quickly glides over the homes and heads straight towards the mountain on the far-side, gradually descending to the base of the mountain before landing harshly on the forest floor. Too harshly for someone barely balanced on a dragons back you realise as you slip off his back roughly hitting the ground causing your consiousnes to slip away plummeting you into darkness once again.