Chapter 9 - Return of the Eight Six

Bunta, witnessing the return of the long gone Eight-Six, rushes back into the store.

Bunta shouts "Takumi, get down here! I need to show you something." alerting Takumi as he gets down from his room.

Takumi, getting down from the stairs, says "What is it now, dad?" as he scratches his head while going down, he notices a familliar color, black and white.

Hurrying to the door, he spots a car that he's known and driven for 6 years.

Stunned at the sight of his beloved Hachi-Roku, he gets in the car and turns on the engine.

Takumi, realizing that the engine isn't close to the sound that of a 4A-G, questions himself "Huh? This isn't the engine I know... but.. I do remember hearing this engine when I battled against God Arm... Oh yeah, an F20C, wasn't it?"

Takumi drives off without saying a word, getting a feel for the car.

Takumi, not knowing where he's driving to, drives to Akina.

Having realized this, he feels a bit of a difference in the cornering abilities and the amount of power his Hachi-Roku now produces.

"This feels different, it's like the engine was moved slightly closer to make the car a lot more balanced.."

Already at the bottom of Akina, he goes back to his home.

3:48 PM - Fujiwara Tofu Shop

After parking the car, shifting it into Neutral, pulling the handbrake and turning it off as usual, he goes straight into his house.

Suddenly, the phone rings, and Takumi instantly picks up. Thinking it's a customer, he says his usual line, "Fujiwara Tofu Store."

To his surprise, it was Sayuki that called, "Tak, that's you, right?"

Takumi responds towards Sayuki's question with "Yeah, this is me. What's up, Yuki?"

Sayuki goes on, "I was thinking that maybe we should go out some time, what do you think?"

Takumi replies, "U-uh.. sure. What time are we going, then?"

"Why don't we go at 9:00 PM? I'll be waiting in front of my house, just so you know."

"Yeah, sounds good. I'll pick you up from there."

4 hours and 10 minutes later...

Takumi, after done being prepared decides, "Alright, I'm set to go..."

Getting in his Hachi-Roku, he goes off to Impact Blue's house.

Takumi takes a considerably short route to their house, so he arrives 3 minutes early.

1 minute later, Sayuki steps out of the door.

Sayuki's eye was caught by a two-toned car, which highly resembled a Hachi-Roku.

As she looked closer to the Hachi-Roku, she saw Takumi's face, proceeding with running towards the car.

Takumi could hear loud footsteps out of his Hachi-Roku, as if someone were running.

As Takumi looks to his right, he was startled by Sayuki suddenly hugging him.

Unfortunately for Takumi, though... his face was in her cleavage.

The hug went for a full 10 seconds before she pushed herself out of the way.

"Tak-kun, your Eight Six was fixed? That's great!"

Takumi blushing from what had just happened to him replies, "Y-yeah, it got fixed already."

Sayuki steps into the passenger seat, and sits down.

Sayuki says to Takumi, and quite close to his face, "Hey, Tak-kun, why don't we go to Akagi?"

Takumi slowly looks away, saying, "Yeah, sure, let's go to Akagi, then."

As they reach the top of Mount. Akagi, Takumi asks whether or not Sayuki is ready to go downhill.

"Yuki, are you ready to go downhill?"

Sayuki, finished preparing herself says, "Yeah, I'm ready, let's go, Tak."

Suddenly, a mysterious black car appears in the view...

-to be continue-