Goodbye My Love

Adrians POV-

There I stood, a worn out teddy bear in my hands as I stood over Finley's casket.

"Today we are gathered here- to give little Finley Harold Thomas III a proper burial. Last week he was found locked in the basement of his country home. His bones were broken and he had been brutally beaten to death. His mother- Sabrina Garrison Johnson- has been sentenced to death for the murder of a child. Now I shall read the boys poem called- WHEN I DIE.
When I die I wish to fly
When I die I wish to cry
When I die The pain will subside
When I die my tears will dry
Brother brother, please do know, I will wait for you high or low.
Brother brother, down below, please know I love you, but I have to go.
Mummy used to hit me for hours
She used to say she had more power
But now im standing at heavens gate, waiting upon the lord my soul to take
Gary and Brayden my two best chums, dont stop pelting the teacher with gum
And finally to Eden Reshaw, please dont let Grayson forget my story.
Though my life was a little Gorey, dont let anyone relive my story.
Dont Let Mummy push you around- Dont Let Brandon Keep Messing Around
Now that I must lay my head, in my final resting bed.
My story will not go unspoken- but dont let Brandon hit little Logan!

Thank you all for attending little Finleys burial...now we will pray to the gods and say out final goodbyes. Thank you Lord for taking young Finley into your tender arms, and making him immune to the pain of the universe. We now wish to you my lord... please let little Finley know that his big brother is OK...and that his mummy cant hurt anyone else. And now that the boy has been put to rest, we hope to you my lord, take good care of your new soul...AMEN..."

I sit in the reception with tears running down my face, Eric and Grayson sitting next to me. They had taken the only thing that really mattered to me away, now I had nothing to live for.

"Eric...I-I cant do this anymore.." I cry, standing up and darting out of the church, noticing how much that I had cried had to be completely unhealthy

I ran out into the forest, hearing the screams of Eric calling out my name. I ignore it, rushing quicker into the deep brush.

I stop once I reach a small clearing, completely hidden from everyone. I reach into my pocket, pulling out a sharp blade and lifting my sleeve. I couldnt do this anymore.

"Baby brother...I will see you soon.." I mutter to myself, digging the blade into my tender skin, making sure that I had cut through my vein. It was painful.

I drop to the floor, blood slowly seeping from my wrist onto the grass, staining the green shrubbery a deep red color.

My vision blurs, a light feeling forming in my head. I was definitely gone, and I was happy...I was going to see my brother again...