8. He Was My Protector

SONG : Our Page - SHINee

I cried when I heard this song and watched the MV. I will forever miss you Jonghyun 😭❤

•••|||•••

During my sophomore year, I remember West Quinn inviting me to the game after-party. Our football team had finally defeated the drival team and had gotten the title back after thirty years.

West Quinn was the linebacker for the school team and was the guy that most of the girls in school was in love with, or so they claimed.

So when he invited me, I was over the moon and felt like the luckiest girl in the world. I went around telling everyone that cared to listen, about it.

Georgia wasn't as happy for me as I had expected. In fact when I told her, she looked at me as if I had just told her I had contracted a deadly disease.

I remember the words we exchanged, she said something about how I should be careful and how he would end up breaking my heart. I said something about how she was just green with envy and really wanted West to ask her out instead.

In the end, we yelled back and forth and I left the Frost mansion with tears in my eyes and a determination to prove her wrong.

I passed by Jace on the way out and didn't stop when he called out for me. I didn't want him to see me like that.

That night, I went to the party with Evan because he was the only one I could convince to go with me once Georgia and I got into a fight.

Dylan was out of the country filming for his new film and Douglas was annoyed with me. When he heard me explain about what had happened, he, of course sided with Georgia because he was forever Team Georgia. I couldn't convince Jace, because he, out of all of us, was the one who was into his studies and he was already starting to worry about applying for college even though it was still years away.

Evan Queen was the party boy of our group and it was easy enough to convince him to join me.

As soon as we arrived at the party, he went to join the guys that were having a beer pong match, after making me promise to call him when he was needed.

I couldn't find West even after searching for awhile and asking everyone in sight.

In frustration, I downed a glass of soda someone had handed me before I realised it was spiked.

I remembered how the boys had been telling us stories of how the drinks were usually spiked. I couldn't believe that that was the first time I had alcohol and Georgia wasn't here with me. We usually did things together.

I could feel the rush as it flooded my system and without thinking much of it, I wanted to feel it again. As if someone had heard my thoughts, another glass appeared and appeared and appeared. I downed every single one. As the drinks continued, I tasted more alcohol in the drink than soda and soon enough I was drinking alcohol straight with no soda.

The last coherent and sober thought that I had was that I needed to find Evan as soon as possible before I did something I was going to regret. I called out for him, but in a room filled to the brink with drunk teenagers and loud music, I couldn't find him, nor him me.

The alcohol took over my system and soon enough I lost myself, dancing and letting the beat of the music move my limbs and carry away the last sense of inhibition I had.

Once I attempted a spin, my legs lost balance and before I met the floor, I felt someone's hands circle around me. I finally found West Quinn and he was looking at me as if he had just found the answer to the mystery of life.