epilogue.

five years later

maya and corbyn have been together for five years and christina has completely gone out of their lives. she hooked up with some guy named perry, right after corbyn broke up with her. christina and him have been together, about the same amount of time corbyn and maya have.

corbyn's band, why don't we, had broken up just under a year ago. the five of them all knew that it was time for them to go solo. their music wasn't coming out as fast, really only an album every two years. sometimes there isn't even an album and only one ep a year. their fan base had decreased so much, they only had about half a million followers on instagram and fifty thousand followers on twitter. the boys weren't as social, seeing as on every interview, each person answered each question for themselves. not for the band. tours weren't even a thing with them. they had no reason to go on tour. they rarely had any new music to perform. their whole band was just falling apart.

merrie, maya's best friend, was still talking with maya. she was dating a boy named jackson, until she found him cheating on her with another girl. since then, merrie hasn't even bothered with relationships.

...

"maya, i wanna fake propose to you," corbyn blurted out.

she looked up. "what?"

corbyn stood up and walked over to maya, who was doing the dishes for the two. she turned the water off and dried her hands. "tonight. seven thirty. i'm gonna fake propose to you, just to get free dessert. dress fancy!" corbyn's voice went a few pitches higher as he said the last two words.

"corbyn, no." said maya.

"what—why? i thought you loved dessert." he frowned.

"yeah, i do, but," maya rested her elbows on the counter and let her hair fall over her shoulders. "we can't just lie about that. and i know i'm the one to do whatever it takes, but with marriage? i'm not all about that."

"okay, fine." corbyn sighed. "but we're getting that free dessert sooner or later," he called as he headed up the stairs of the two's home.

"probably later!" maya replied.

    corbyn ran down the stairs quickly, just to look maya in the eye. "we'll see about that, harton." he ran up the stairs again as maya jokingly rolled her eyes.

she walked out of the kitchen and sat down on the cushioned chair. maya pulled out her phone and messaged merrie.

maya🙃
sos help

merrie (best friend🧡)
wassup

maya🙃
corbyn asked me out on a date

merrie (best friend🧡)
so what you've gone on dates with him like 50k times

maya🙃
it's a fancy date

merrie (best friend🧡)
oof ok i'll be right over

maya🙃
k thx

    maya let out a sigh of relief and leaned back on the chair.

    not too long after maya messaged merrie, she was at the door. maya stood up to go and answer it.

    "hellooo," merrie greeted, stretching out the 'o' in 'hello', as she stepped into maya's household.

    "hi," maya quickly returned. without saying anything, maya and merrie ran up the stairs and headed towards maya's room. before that, maya peeked her head into corbyn's room.