18

"corbynnn!" maya exclaimed while tackling corbyn into a hug. he was taken off guard at first, but then hugged maya back.

    "hey, maya!" corbyn smiles, hugging her a little bit tighter before unwrapping himself from her.

    "okay, let's see if i can remember all of your names," maya said, concentrating on the four boys.

"zach, jack, um, joshua, and... daniel?" maya guessed.

    "close," jonah said. "but i'm jonah. not joshua." he told her.

    "of course. i make the simplest mistakes sometimes." maya said and stepped in front of the boys. "who wants a tour of nashville?" she asked everyone.

...

"wow, a lot more people had country accents than i thought," zach acknowledged. everyone laughed.

"that's the one thing you noticed?" maya asked him. zach smiled.

"yeah, that's one of them. the other thing i noticed is that people here are really nice." zach said and it earned a chuckle from maya.

"well, yeah, that's what tennessee is known for." maya told him.

maya and the boys all went to her house, intruding a nice and peaceful household. "we're here!" daniel exclaimed while dropping his backpack onto the ground. the six walked further into the house, jonah taking up one couch and jack taking up the other.

"where am i supposed to sit?" zach whined while flailing his arms.

    "you can just push daniel off that chair, it doesn't matter." maya whispered in zach's ear. he smiled and walked over to daniel.

"hi." is all zach said before he shoved daniel off the cushioned chair. daniel turned around as everyone laughed.

    "zach, what the hell?" daniel said, looking up at zach from the ground. maya walked over to the chair.

    "zach, scoot over. i gave you the idea to push daniel, so," maya said. zach sighed and slid to the left as much as he could so maya could sit next to him.

she sat down into the cushioned seat, right next to zach. "i don't think this chair is made for two people." zach told maya.

she shrugged her shoulders. "oh well."

    "hey, maya, do want a—oh, hey." maya's mom walked downstairs, surprised at the amount of teenagers in her house.

    "hey, mom." maya grinned and waved. "these are my friends. it started out with just corbyn and then he's in a band so they came and now there's five of them." maya explained.

    "okay. well i was going to ask if you if you want like a smoothie. i have tons of fruit and stuff," her mom told her.

    "i want a smoothie!" jack jumped up from his spot on the couch, daniel quickly taking it.

    "jack, nobody asked you." maya laughed. "but sure, i'll take one." she replied.

    "okay, anybody else want one?" maya's mom asked everyone.

    "ooh! ooh! me!" jack raised his hand while jumping up and down.

    "i'll take one, too." zach said and raised his hand, not even looking back.

"and me!" jonah stood up and raised his hand, corbyn occupying his spot.

"i want one." corbyn said.

"give me one, please!" daniel exclaimed.