Chapter 5: Finding Out

Start from the beginning

"Chase?" I whisper, as I crouch down next to him. He doesn't look up, and continues to play with the grass. "Bree told me what happened." He stops picking at the grass and looks up at me.

"Sh-she did," he stutters out.

"Yeah, and why would you do that Chase? You could've easily exposed your bionic secret, in front of everyone." I try my best not to tell, but it's difficult.

"I know, I'm so stupid! I hate myself!" I'm completely taken aback by that response.

"Chase, you are not stupid. I just wanted to know why you did that."

"I don't know," Chase mumbles as he lowers his head again. I out my hand out and tilt his head back up.

"Look at me Chase, that's not an answer. Now, why did you do it?" More tears trickle out of Chase's eyes. "Don't cry."

"I'm sorry, and I told you that I don't know."

"Chase, come on. That cannot be-"

"No, it is true. I don't know why my bionics glitched like that."

"Wait, glitched?" I furrow my eyebrows, "You glitched?"

"Oh, yeah..." Chase trails off a bit. "So, I was telling the truth. I don't know why my bionics have been glitching like this." My eyes widen, and Chase covers his mouth as he realizes what he just admitted.

"Hold on, have you been glitching more than that?"

"Um, yes..." Chase can't keep his gaze on me as his eyes start to wander.

"Chase! Why didn't you tell me this? Didn't it occur to you that there may be a reason why you're glitching, and it actually be serious?" Chase stays silent. "Come on, we're leaving." I pull Chase up.

I start walking back toward the building, with Chase trudging behind, when a sudden realization comes to me.

"Chase, is this why you didn't want to come so bad?" I asks him, and he slowly nods. "Well, I guess I'm sorry for that." He just shrugs.

"Come on you two, we have to go." Bree looks up at me and nods, but Adam stays preoccupied.

"Let's go Adam, we're leaving." Bree grabs Adam's arm, but he pulls back.

"No, I'm not leaving Wilbur."

"Wilbur?"

"Yeah, Wilbur." Adam gestures to a bumblebee, and Bree gives him weird look.

"Sorry, but we have to go." Bree grabs his arm once again, and Adam sighs.

"Bye Wilbur!" Adam waves while Bree groans, but they still go into the building. Chase and I follow, and I hurry up a bit more so I can lead.

"Um..." I look between Adam and Chase. "Adam, can you go get Leo and meet us by the car?" Adam smiles and runs in the direction of the bathroom, and I look to Bree.

"I'm on it," Bree heads in the same direction as Adam. I'm having her make sure Adam does everything he's supposed to.

"Follow me, Chase," I instruct as Chase remains silent.

The two of us walk down to the first ballroom that we were in.

"Just wait out here, okay?" Chase nods.

I open the door and snake my way through everyone to find Tasha. I eventually do, she's standing next to a table in the back right corner.

"Donald, there you are!" She smiles at me, and comes to give me a hug. "Let's go dance."