Chapter 3: Decided

It's been a few weeks since the incident in High Street. After around a week or two, they started talking again, taking one conversation one step at a time. During those weeks, Kib and the girls were there to help her out throughout the process. She was slowly feeling better, then she received a text from him, asking if they could meet. "Could this be it?" she thought to herself as she agreed to meet with him.

"Hey. I'm here already. 1:30 at Starbucks right?" She said to the person on the other line.

"Yeah. Sorry I'm running late. I'm on the way though." He said. She chuckled a bit because he's always running late. "Of course you are. What's new?" She answered as I took a sip of my coffee. "Hey. Don't be like that. I can be early." He replied and laughed. "Yeah; when the location is either at your house or anywhere near your area." She answered then laughed. He laughed as well then said "Whatever. I'll see you in a bit." "Okay. Be safe. See you." She replied then hung up.

She pulled out her notebook and markers from bag and began doodling while she waited for him to arrive. "Maybe he finally made a decision?" She thought to herself as she wrote "Always & Forever" on her notebook.

She then started to write some of my favorite quotes from some series and movies she just watched. She didn't notice that she zoned out until someone put a cup down in front of her. She looked up to see him smiling at her.

"Still doodling I see." He said as she stood up to give him a hug. "Yup. Tagal mo eh. Had to keep myself busy." She replied as they pulled away from the hug and sat down. "So, how'd you know it was me here?" She asked as she started fixing her things. "How can I not know? This is our spot." he replied, which made her look around. He's right. That was their spot. "Oo nga noh." She answered then laughed a bit as she put her stuff in the bag

"So what's up? Why the sudden meet up?" She asked after fixing her bag. She noticed his expression suddenly changed. He looked more serious now. The look in his eyes changed as well. The smile she loved so much was not there. "Okay, why are you looking at me like that?" She asked again, keeping her gaze on him.

He looked away after she asked. It was as if he was trying to find the right words to start the conversation. He deeply sighed and finally spoke up. "We need to talk." He said as looked back at her.

"I knew it. Looks like he finally made a decision." She thought to herself. "O-Okay. What's up?" She asked, trying to stay calm and composed. "Remember the talk we had before, and you said that I needed to think about it?" he asked her, looking way from her gaze once again. "Yeah? What about it? Have you decided?" She asked him as she leaned back.

He nodded but didn't speak. He just kept his eyes on the street. She sighed and spoke up. "It's her, isn't it?" She asked. He still kept quiet. She spoke again. "Rash. Answer me. It's her, isn't it? You chose Elise?" She asked him again.

He closed his eyes and slowly nodded his head in agreement. She looked down at her drink and took a sip from it.

We both stayed silent. The only thing that could be heard was their surroundings. She looked out on the street as well; she looked at the people walking under the rain and the cars driving by while she was trying to keep it together. When she felt like she had it under control, she spoke again.

"Was it always her? I mean, even though you were with me, siya pa rin ba iniisip mo? Siya pa rin nasa puso mo?" She asked, as she wrapped her hands around her drink. When he didn't speak, she looked up to see that he was now looking at his drink while he was biting his lower lip. "Rasheed. Magsalita ka naman. Hindi ako manghuhula. Please answer me." She said, as she was trying to hold back the tears.

He sniffed and cleared his throat before he spoke. "I-I'm sorry, but yes. It was. I didn't realize it until I actually saw her again; until I actually spent time with her again. I don't deserve you, Yanna. I don't deserve your efforts. Someone out there does. He's more worthy of your love and efforts. Please don't waste it on me anymore. I'm really sorry; but I really did love you, Yans." He explained which made her close her eyes as she let one tear fall. "Maybe he never really moved on. Baka nagpahinga lang siya. Maybe it was and always will be her. He may have loved me, but he will always love her." she thought to herself.

She stayed silent. She knew she couldn't make a scene. Not there. Not in public. But she also knew she's had enough.

"Yanna, please say something. Please." He said softly, but loud enough for her to hear. She opened her eyes to see him looking at her. His eyes full of sorrow and regret because he knew he hurt someone who didn't deserve to be hurt.

She took a deep breath. "I don't think there's anything left to say, except maybe goodbye." She said as she wiped her tears then gathered her things and stood up.

She stood beside him and put a hand on his shoulder as he remained on his seat. He kept his head down as one hand was holding his coffee, while the other was holding the hand on his shoulder.

"Please don't go." He whispered as he tightened his grip on her hand. She sighed and said "I wish I could, but I don't think there's a reason for me to. Goodbye, Rash." She replied then removed her hand from his shoulder before walking out.

"Paging Alyanna Nicole!" Kayla said, bringing her back to the real world. "S-sorry. Ano yun?" She replied. "Girl, seriously, you need to stop staring at that spot." Harper said.

She and her friends are in that same coffee shop where the incident happened. They were just a few tables away from where it happened.

"Anyway, I was asking kung game kayo pumuntang Animusika on Friday. Kasama yung guys." Kayla added. "Oh. Yeah, game ako." I replied as I looked back at the table.

"Who would have known that the place all started was also where it was all going to end?" She thought herself as she sadly smiled at that ironic thought.