“THOMAS!” I bellow, and she jumps. Thomas reappears in the room, and bows again.

“Take Isabelle’s bags up to her room” I order, and in a flash Thomas is carrying her belongings out.

There’s not much to say but we share a smile. She swings her arms a little and topples over.

SMASH!

I think she’s only one who can fall over a flat surface and always hit anything inches away from her. She’s a heap on the floor with the antique vase my mother got from Egypt.

I exchanged a look with my mum and we both smirk. Although she was a bit gawky and careless, I think it was going to be fun, teaching her how to be…formal? And also help her live a new lifestyle.

-Isabelle Quinn-

“I am so sorry.” I shriek and bend down to pick of the broken pieces. How could I be so dumb and knock this over. Bad first impression. Wait, I’d slapped him in the face already, I’ve already given a bad impression.

I see him walk towards me and crouch down.

“Leave it, I’ll get someone else to do it.” he says but I pull my hand away from his grip.

“I’ll clean it up. It’s my fault” I shutter, shaking inside and cursing myself.

“MAID!” he yells again and I jump back, yelping like a defenceless dog.

“Please! Don’t do that.” I say, clutching my chest.

“Sorry” he mouths and before I know it a young lady is by my side picking up the broken vase.

“I’ll clear this, Miss.” She squeaks and Nathan pulls me back by my shoulders. I notice Mrs. Blake watching me and I shy away, my cheeks flushing red while Nathan hands slowly glide down my arms from my shoulders. I shake him off and he gives a nervous cough.

“I’ll show you to your room.” He announces and walks towards the door with me in tow. I gingerly exit the room and follow Nathan. His hair is a mess and the first few shirt buttons are undone revealing his nicely toned chest. I avert my eyes, suddenly interested at my shoes. Actually Caroline’s shoes. I couldn’t think this through in my head. I was part of Mr. Blake’s death wish and being the good, noble person I am, I’ve agreed to throw my life away and get married for that reason. What made me go along with such a thing? What was I thinking there and then? Nathan had said the wedding would be in a week. A WEEK. At least I had some time to have second thoughts and maybe tell my parents.

I’m pulled out of my little thought when I bump into Nathan’s back. Again. He’s halted in front of two wooden doors. He puts his hands onto the handle and turns, letting me through to the room. It’s dark, there’s no light source and I could fall over anything if I couldn’t see.

The light flicks on and for a moment my vision is blurred. I examine the room and take it all in. This was ten times bigger than my room. There was a double bed with silk duvet (very posh). A plasma TV mounted onto the wall, a huge mirror on the wall that reflected me and Nathan. And if I’m not mistaken by the cool freeze flying in and the curtain beating in the wind, this room had a balcony. I wandered around the room, getting closer to the curtain to see. I draw the peach curtains apart and I look upon a spectacular view. This room was situated at the back of the house, and my eyes saw the array of fountains and hedges. A little pathway and bridges over a circular pond. There were birds fluttering from tree to tree. But the most beautiful feature was the full moon staring down at it all.