Part 14

G : No thanks. I will do it myself.

M : She will do Om. You take rest.

O : I want to help her.

G: Maa, you go and sleep. It's too late. It will affect your health.

Gauri went to kitchen. Om followed her.

M( herself)  : Now I'm so happy. My daughter got a good life partner. I'm sure he loves her very much.

Gauri started to cook. Om was looking at her.

G : Why are you staring at me?

O : Nothing. I was just observing you. Why didn't you attend my call?

G : Actually I didn't notice my phone. I was talking with maa. When I'm talking with her I'll forget everything else.

O : That means you forgot me too?

G : It's not like that Omkaraji. I was thinking about you.

O : Then why didn't you call me?

G : I thought you are busy with your works. So I didn't want to disturb you.

O : So you think you are a disturbance for me?

G : I didn't mean that.

O : Why didn't you inform me that you were going to Bareilly? After all I am your husband.(After a pause)I know you hate me.

He was joking with her. He controlled his laugh. He made an emotional face and looked at Gauri. Her eyes were filled with tears.

G(with tears): I said na I called you Omkaraji. But you didn't attend the call...
I'm sorry Omkarajii...
Bade bhaiyya and Anika bhabhi told me that they would inform you...

Om moved towards Gauri and placed his hand on her shoulder.

O : Why are you crying Gauri? I was just joking with you. Shivaay had told me everything.

Om wiped her tears.

O : Gauri, I'm really hungry.

G : Oh sorry. Come I will serve for you.

Gauri and Om went to the dining table. They saw that Gauri's mother is still sitting there.

G : What happened maa? Why didn't you go to sleep?

M : Gauri, your bed is too small for you two. How both of you will stay in that room?? So Gauri you come and sleep in my room.

O : It's not a problem maa. We will adjust there.

M: But beta...

O(cutting her): You go and sleep maa. We will manage.

Gauri's mother went to sleep. Om had food. Then they went to Gauri's room.

G : Omkaraji this is a small room. It doesn't have much facilities like your room. If you are uncomfortable I will shift to maa's room. There is no air conditioner here.

Om: No need of that Gauri. I'm comfortable here. I liked this room. And you also stay here.

G : Thank you Omkaraji.

O : Thank you?! For what?

G : You are adjusting so much for me.

O : This is not adjustment Gauri. I really like to stay here. Your mother is so loving and caring.

G : Come, we can sleep now.

Om's phone rang. Om took his phone and looked at the display confusingly.

G : Who is it Omkaraji?

O : It's Shivaay.

G : Why aren't you attending the call?

Om attended the call.

S : Where are you Om? It's too late.

O : I won't come home today.

S : Why? Where are you now??

O : I'm in Bareilly now.

S : Bareilly??!

O : Yes Shivaay.

S : Now I understood everything.

O : What??

S : Nothing. I will call you tomorrow. 

O : Okay Good night Shivaay.

S : Good night.

Om and Gauri lay on the bed. Since it was too small they were lying close to each other.

G : Omkaraji are you comfortable?

O : Of course. I'm comfortable. Aren't you comfortable?

G : I'm comfortable.

O : Why aren't you sleeping?

G : I'm not sleepy.

O : Close your eyes. You will get sleep.

Gauri closed her eyes. Om looked at her cute face and smiled to himself. He slept looking at her.

Next morning Gauri was the first one to wake up. She saw Om sleeping. She smiled to herself and went to bath. After that she came back to the room. Still Om was sleeping. Gauri was drying her hair.The water droplets which fell on his face disturbed his sleep. He woke up. He smiled seeing her. She didn't know that he was awake. As there is no other room in that house she decided to change her dress there.

G (thinking): He is in deep sleep. He won't wake up now. So I can change here.

She unzipped her top. Om got shocked seeing this. He realised the situation.

O : Gauriii...

She got shocked and turned towards him. She took her dupatta and covered herself. Om stood up.

O : Sorry
Gauri looked down.

G : When did you wake up?

O : I will sit outside. You can change your dress.

Saying this he went to the hall and sat there. Gauri's mother brought coffee for him.

M: Beta, here is your coffee.

O : Thank you maa.

Om smiled at her and drank the coffee.