Chapter 2

Choco's POV

I snorted, breaking the dramatic silence following Rebel's announcement. "Take down the Supreme Radish? That's impossible."

"You only say that because it's never been attempted before," Rebel retorted.

That statement took me aback. "Never been attempted before? My parents died rebelling against Todd. People have been attempting for years, and nobody has even come close to succeeding."

"She's right," Naomi pitched in. "My parents also died trying to take him down."

"So did my mother," Leo muttered.

We all looked at Glitch, who looked startled. "Uh...I don't personally know anyone who died revolting against the Supreme Radish, but I've heard of people dying in that way."

"They all died in organized, wide-scale revolutions," Rebel said. "I'm not talking about a simple protest. I'm talking about breaking into Todd's mansion and assassinating him."

That certainly changed my perspective. "Sounds good to me!" I said gleefully.

"Isn't there a more peaceful way to dethrone him?" Naomi asked. "I don't want to be seen as a murderer. See, I'm waiting for a letter from—"

"You won't be seen as a murderer. I'm going to be the one to put my sword right through his cold, dead heart," Rebel replied.

"Hang on, I'd like to do that as well," I whined.

"Same," Leo grinned.

"We can take turns," Rebel suggested.

"Yes!" I shouted.

"Now that's what I'm talking about!" Leo exclaimed.

Naomi groaned.

"Okay, okay, okay, I get that we all want to kill Todd, but I just have one question. How the hell are we gonna do that?" Glitch spoke up. "He has a huge army of robots, and probably tons of security."

"Don't worry," Rebel answered. "I have a plan."

I scoffed. "You? Plan? We saw how you won the first Games. You were winging the entire thi—"

Suddenly, there was a loud banging on the door. Everyone ducked to the ground and looked in its direction.

"Uh, did you invite anyone else to this little meeting?" Leo asked.

Rebel shook her head and put a finger to her lips. The banging sounded on the door again.

"What do we do?" Naomi whispered.

I stood up. "This." I began to walk towards the door, balling my fists.

"Woah woah woah woah!" Rebel ran so she was in front of me and put a hand on my chest to stop me. "Those are probably bots. We can't let them see us."

I frowned. "Why not? I can just destroy them all."

"With your bare hands?" Leo asked from behind me.

"Yes."

"No," Rebel said. "All the Radish bots have cameras inside of them so Todd can see what they see. If he sees the five of us having a secret meeting in an abandoned warehouse, we'll never get to kill him."

I groaned. "Fine. What are we supposed to do, then? They're gonna break down that door." The banging increased in volume.

Rebel looked around the warehouse. She pointed above us. "Up there."

We looked up. There was a catwalk hanging from the ceiling, which was probably where Rebel had jumped down from earlier. The only problem was that I didn't see any way to get up to it.