Chapter 8

───✧✦✧───

───✧✦✧───

"You saw that?" Anita asks as she looks down at her hand being held by mine. She lifts her head, more questions swimming in her eyes as I continue the soft massaging motion on her hand.

"He wasn't being subtle, it'd be hard to miss that," I answer before pausing the motion. "What the fuck did he say to you?"  The face Anita made and the way Logan was looking at her, he said something to her that she didn't like while he tried to crush her fingers in his grip.

"He just gave me a warning for the next time we meet," she answers, averting her eyes from mine. I frown at the diverted answer, I can already guess what he said to her but if she doesn't want to be forthcoming, I'm not going to push it. I drop her hand turning away from her. 

"Forget about what he said, it's not worth remembering," I tell her before walking over to the change room.

"What happened to Anita? You two skipped out on cleanup to talk," Jason asks me when I enter the change room.

"Logan tried to threaten Anita," I tell them as I take off my shirt. 

"That piece of shit," Connor snaps. If it wasn't for putting a risk to my place on the team I would have kicked his ass a long time ago.

"Anita doesn't seem like she wants to talk about it so don't bother bringing it up," I tell them. I finish changing and as I'm putting my uniform away to bring home but I'm pulled back into the team's conversation when I hear Derrick asking the twins about some bruising.

"What are you talking about?" I question as I zip up my bag. I look at both of them and notice that they have bruises on their torsos and back, some that look old and a couple that looks new. I know there's no way it's from practice, we only focus on arms or legs so it'd make sense to see marks from that but not this. 

"It's nothing you guys, we just fought at home," Chris says with a wide smile on his face while Daniel nods his head in agreement.

"You two are lying," I reply as my eyes narrow in suspicion and I watch them flinch as both of their eyes avert from me.  

"Don't worry Red, it was just a fight between us brothers. We get along here but we still fight at home, trust," Daniel repeats with Chris nodding his head this time.

"Alright, fine, but if you two show up with more bruises on your bodies," my voice trails off but the warning is clear.

"Don't worry, you won't see anything," they promise me in cheerful voices as they grab their bags before rushing out. Connor moves to stand where I am, watching the door close behind the brothers.

"We're following them home aren't we?" he asks glancing over at me.

"They'd be idiots if they I'd just leave this alone, they've got another thing coming," I say before shrugging on my spare t-shirt and step into my sneakers.