"Why don't you ask her yourself?" Iqra Bhabhi smirked. I rolled my eyes at her. Di raised her hands in a questioning gesture.

"There's nothing Di. Bhabhi is just being silly. I was actually thinking of Aliya, the way people were giving her a hard time when you were pregnant with Abid," I said taking a seat on the stone railing and hugging one of the lamp posts. Bhabhi and Di sat down on the chairs near me. The kids were playing tag and occasionally checking on Kanza, giving her big kisses.

"Ahh. I see, I was quite disturbed by it too. If it were any one else in Aliya's place they would have resented me for getting pregnant," Di said stroking her belly, a small frown marring her face.

"She must have been affected by all those talks though?" Bhabhi asked as she consoled Kanza. Abid had just pulled her cheeks, it probably hurt the little one.

"Abid dear, she's a baby, touch her softly," Di chided her son and then said, "Yes, obviously. She was quite sad and we could see it in her eyes, even though she was excited for me. That's why Layla Ammi sent me to stay here quite early on in my pregnancy. I'm really happy all our duaas for her have been finally answered."

"Whose delivery comes first?"

"We are two weeks apart. Aliyah's date is up first. Allah knows though."

We drifted off into a bit of pensive mood after that. All three of us lost in our own reflections. The mothers occasionally spoke to their children and it was endearing to watch them. For a second I longed to hold my own baby in my arms, just like Bhabhi with Kanza. A shiver of loneliness crossed my spine and for no reason at all I felt like crying.

I was distracted by the ruckus from down in the garden. Samar was running around cheering and then he paused next to Zaid and did a little victory dance. Zaid gave the bat dejectedly to Samir, the latter patted him on his shoulder as he passed him.

"Why is Samar crowing like that?" Di asked as she got up and stood next to me, watching the scene below.

"Because my little brother is out I guess," Bhabhi laughed as she too came over.

"Idiots," Di said shaking her head.

We stood up there watching the boys play, making funny commentary on their game and laughing to ourselves. Then we had to go downstairs as the fine weather was suddenly replaced by heavy storm clouds. Di and Iqra Bhabhi got inside the stairwell just in time and didn't get wet. I was drenched by the time I managed to convince Kashaf and Abid to go back inside. It was a little hard to ruin their fun, but I knew Kashaf would fall sick easily and it was better not to risk it.

Di took Abid with her and I led Kashaf down the stairs right after Bhabhi. She was telling me that she could handle both of them, but the Kanza was beginning to cry terribly. Bhabhi was busy consoling Kanza so I stripped Kashaf, put her wet clothes in a bucket and made her take a quick warm bath. By the time she was dressed I was chilled to the bones.

Bhabhi was feeding Kanza and putting her to sleep. She scolded me for still being in the room. "Jazak Allahu Khairan Juni! Now stop silly dallying and change out of those wet clothes before you get sick!"

Just then Bhai stomped into the room, completely drenched and shaking his wet hair like a dog. He got scolded too. "Ya Allah! Shoaib what is this? You're going to ruin the carpet! Worse than the children you are, if Ihsan also got wet in the rain then you're done for!"

I couldn't stifle my giggle and even Kashaf was laughing with me. "Abbu did naughty," she said and laughed even more.

"Iqra this is not done, scolding me in front of Juni and my kids like this? And don't worry Ihsan is fast asleep with Dadi," Bhai ranted as he grabbed towels and fresh clothes and went to the washroom.