chapter 12 - Prophecy Girl

Start from the beginning

"And got Zoey to be more open and at ease with her gypsy powers," Brady agreed. "What about Layla? She getting as used to it as you are, Zo?"

"Somewhat," Zoey answered. "My Aunt Jenny wants me and my mom to come with her during the summer so that we can see our family. So they can actually train us as gypsies."

"That should be cool," Carmen told her. "I mean, your own family teaching you about what you are. What you can do."

They smiled, heading home.

  ∞ 

Sunnydale High School - Library

The camera panned over to the skylight and looked in.

Giles was sitting at the table, researching, getting up, going into his office to make some tea, sitting down at his desk with the cup, reading the text of the Codex. "Ho korias phanaytie toutay tay nuktee. 'The Master shall rise...' Yes, yes, this is it. 'The Master shall rise, and the Slayer and Guardians...'" He looked up in realization, disbelief. "My God."

Giles considered what he had just read for a moment, horrified and in denial, reaching for his tea. The cup began to jiggle. Giles looked at it curiously. A few seconds later, the whole building began to shake, and Giles realized he was experiencing his first earthquake, standing, looking at everything shaking. His teacup vibrated off of the desk, smashing to pieces on the floor.

  ∞ 

The Bronze

People were in a panic for the earthquake. Eric and Xander were helping Willow and other people to safety.

"Under the stairs," Xander told them. "Under the stairs."

They knelt under the stairs, so that way, in case debris fell, it wouldn't crush them. Willow grabbed onto a step from underneath to steady herself. Someone rushing down the stairs nearly stepped on her fingers, and she yelped as she pulled her hand back.

  ∞ 

Cordelia's Car

Cordelia and Kevin held onto each other as they rode out the quake.

  ∞ 

Park

Buffy, Brooke, Wyatt, Zoey, Carmen, Brady and Alice were on their way home, looking around them at the shaking trees. Car alarms were going off everywhere.

  ∞ 

Sunnydale High School - Library

Giles walked out of his office, seeing several bookshelves fall over as the walls and the floor sustained severe damage.

  ∞ 

Master's Lair