Chapter One

Another fairy tail story from me!

disclaimer: I don't own fairy tail, if I did my ships would be sailing in the canon sea

ship: ZerVis (zeref x mavis)

any of my author notes will be in bold before the story, just so you know.

anyway so enjoy

I picked my bag up and opened the door. "Ugh another day of the hell hole." I thought in my head whilst slipping my newly polished brown school shoes.

"bye gran!" I shouted behind me. I stepped out into the open air. it was hot, as usual. I began my walk to school, I don't live far away from my school any way.

My names Mavis Vermilion, and yes I'm 'that' girl, the loser, freak, whatever you want to call me okay, any way not important the now. I live with my gran as my parents died in a fire. it's that simple. sure I'm sad but I was 6 I'm now 17, yes that's right my last year of high school! Usually seniors would be cool but I'm not.

"Almost there" I said turning onto the street. which lead up to the school. I have no friends, sure it's lonely but on a year left. people from my school surrounded the entrance. "Mage academy" our uniform was green, weird colour I know right.

I could hear the freshman's whispers "that's the one they warned us about" apparently I curse people? yeah I know. I continued my stroll. when it came in sight. the school. of hell. I heard more whispers
"did you hear he's here this year!"
"know way he moved!"
"yeah! his parents moved so he's coming here". who? I couldn't ask anyone they would run away in fear.

I entered the school and opened my locker. I pulled my slipper shoes out and changed into them. I closed it and sighed. "beep" I heard coming from my bag. I reached into it and took my phone out.
"who would text that freak?"
"probably her gran" they laughed walking past me with there dyed hair and plastered faces.

I rolled my eyes not caring and opened it. "an unknown number?" I mumbled to my self.
"what a freak, talking to herself!" another bunch had walked by. I open the message it read.
"long time no talk, hope you haven't forgotten me, I have a surprise for you, wait out side your school this morning - you know who" I stared at it. some sort of prank? I change into my shoes again and went outside.

I stood looking for someone. I don't know who, just someone. "He is here" A bunch of girls were dreaming with hearts in their eyes. I followed them with my eyes and that's when I saw him, Zeref.

I stared at him. how come he was here? "that's him" I heard a girl say.
"isn't he dreamy" another replied. did he get some sort of reputation? I just stared at him. I haven't seen him since I was 6. after my parents died I moved town to my grans so we lost contact. how did he remember me, how did he get my number? suddenly I noticed a crowd of people surrounded him.

"Your zeref right?" someone asked
"Yes I-"
"My names-"
"He wants to know my name not yours"
"No way he wants to know mine" they were arguing when he spotted me.
"Who's that" he asked pointing at me, I just kept staring at him.
"Oh that's Mavis she's such a freak seriously"
"Oh and she's cursed don't talk to her"
"She's not important" they told him.
"What's her last name?" he asked
"Vermilion" someone replied.

He suddenly barged past everyone and ran towards me. I froze not knowing what to do. "Mavis" he said reaching me. he wrapped his arms around me and hugged me, everyone stared at us, not that I cared but it was strange.
"Eh, hi Zeref" I said.
"What's he doing?" someone a whispered.
"Mavis I haven't seen you in 11 years" he said still hugging me. I pushed him off of me.
"Okay?" I said still confused of why he was here. he stood smiling at me waiting for me to say something. "what?" I asked.
"Are you not going to tell me anything?"
"Like?" I had know idea what he was talking about. seriously.
"Like the fact that you love me" I suddenly burst out laughing, the rest of the school stayed in silence.
"When did I say that" I asked.
"When we were younger, you told me, I love you Zeref when we meet again I will tell you the exact same thing, then you left" I continued to laugh.
"I was 6 years old"

I looked at my watch and realized I hadn't been to the library to sign in. "I have to go, nice seeing you again" I walked away still laughing at what he said, getting looks from everyone as usual though. I entered the school and changed my shoes again, if I just ignore him I can just continue my plan of leaving school, no friends and great grades, it's the plan I made and the plan I'm going with.

I work at the library and lunch, break, morning, after school, free period, when ever I have the time, it's great for studying which is what I usually do when I have free time. "good morning Mavis" Mrs Loaning said to me. she's the head librarian.
"Morning" I replied. I signed the sheet, it's only me and her who are ever in here, she's usually asleep though. Oh and then there's the people who work here for their detention, since it's easier than the other jobs, but I work here because I want to. know one was here today a part from us.

My morning usually consists of first logging onto the computer and checking for books due for today and book that were late. I then write out letters to the people who have late books and hand the letters over to Mrs Loaning. I then begin to tidy up the library from anyone who's had a early visit. by the time I finish the bell rings and I'm off to home room.

I entered the class, the atmosphere felt different, everyone was whispering "so any way apparently she loves Zeref"
"I know right as if he would date her" I rolled my eyes and sat in my chair.
"Freak" I heard someone shout. I rolled my eyes, again, and opened my bag to take my pencil case out.

The second bell rang. Mr Gnome came into class, he was and old man but the best teacher there is at this school, everyone likes him, as he likes to have fun, but is a really good teacher as well, he teaches mathematics. "Good morning class" his voice was very low. "this morning we have a new pupil in our class, come in" oh god it was, it just had to be. Zeref walked into the class, the girls awed an the guys cheered. his first day and he's so popular. I sat in the second row from the back in the furthest seat away from the window. "zeref please sit, well over there. there was only one table left in the class it was in the back row. the third from the wall. in each row was 6 tables, there was 5 rows. he made his way to the back, everyone staring at him. "oh I almost forgot the tradition, Zeref please tell us your name, why you moved here and something interesting about you." Zeref stopped at his desk and turned to face everyone
"well you all know my names Zeref, I'm here as my parents well wanted to move to make my dads dream come true, he has always wanted to own his own bakery so he's going to do that and uhm" he stopped and thought about the last bit. "I guess that I'm named after the wizard Zeref from the series fairy tail" every one clapped.

'Fairy Tail' was a book about mages and magic and such. both our parents loved the book. I'm also named after a wizard from the book. it's got so many chapters and books, it's good I guess. oh and it's still on going.

"Sit down then" Zeref put his bag on the hanger and sat. "so today we-" he stopped again "ah I forgot again! this age is getting to me, Zeref do you know any one in this class that could show you around, an old friend? new friend? family?" zeref looked around the room. I didn't look.
"I won't let him pick me if he does I will object, I need to focus on my grades." Was all that went through my head.
"ah yes I do, Mavis Vermilion"
"Shit" I shouted in my head.
"Mavis?" he answered
"I can't sir I have to work at the library during my free time" I replied.
"Sorry Mavis" he handed me Zeref's time table. Just when my plan was going to work he has to come along and screw everything.