Chapter 3

Macy's P.O.V-

The walls were covered in a dark gray paint, a shaggy gray rug on the floor, black curtains on the windows, and a darker gray couch in the living room, all in different hues. As you can see, it was a very masculine living space, and very Liam-like.

There were red pillows on the sofa and two other chairs with a sleek, white coffee table in the middle of the seating to lighten it up. Clearly Liam did not design this room but a professional, which is silly since we did just get a puppy and it all could get ruined.

Speaking of the puppy, Liam was holding our sweet new golden retriever in his arms like a baby as he showed her around her new home. We decided on the name Brit. I was just wandering off on my own to look at everything.

It was a bit bigger then our original flats, but not by much. There were two bedrooms, one toilet, a kitchen, and a living room. That was it really, nothing really special to it. Honestly, it didn't feel like home. To me it seemed like a designers showcase.

"Liam," I breathed out quietly, folding my arms over my chest as I followed him into the kitchen where he was filling up a bowl of water for Brit. He looked over to me and smiled, showing me that I have his attention.

I decided to wait until he set the bowl down, which he did finally. "Don't you just love it?" he gushed, this goofy, extremely genuine smile on his face as he wrapped his arms around my waist and looked me in the eyes. His chocolate brown eyes always kept me captivated, but I couldn't look at them right now. "What's wrong? Do you not like it? Is it the dog? Is it the style? I can always change it," Liam babbled, but I just shook my head.

"It's not that," I whispered. His fingers tapped my chin gently, lifting my head up to look at him in the eyes. "It doesn't feel like home. I wish you didn't buy this, I wish we could have our own little flats with a pile of stuff at one another's place. That makes it special, and this just doesn't feel that way," I admitted to a crushed Liam.

"But I worked so hard to make it perfect," Liam replied quietly, looking down at the ground. "How could I have been so stupid," he scoffed at himself, letting me go and pacing the room upset.

"No, Liam, stop," I said, placing my hand on his arm for him to stop, but he just pulled away and kept pacing. "Liam, I said stop it. Why are you getting so upset about this?"

"Because I put so much effort and work into this to make it perfect for you. This is all for you, the puppy, the flat, just everything. It's all meant for you and you don't even like it. Actually you hate it all, and that hurts. I did this because I love you," Liam cried out, looking at me with a clenched jaw.

"How can you be mad at me for not being ready to take this step? I thought you would understand that I'm not ready and don't want to ruin what we have. Why can't you just understand I want to take things slow?" I pleaded.

"So you think I'm ruining our relationship by doing all of this?" he asked, gobsmacked.

"Don't twist my words, please," I whispered, looking at my feet. The faint noise of Brit lapping at the water hit my ears, reminding me of our new puppy. "I don't like it when we fight...."

"And I don't like it when you don't appreciate all the things I do for you," Liam mumbled, folding his arms bitterly.

"You know, sometimes I don't understand how you can be so stupid," I spat at him, sucking in a deep breath before grabbing my bag and heading for the door. "Call me whenever you would like to apologize for you uncalled for remark," I informed him before pulling the door closed behind me and storming off down the hall towards the stairs.