Chapter Six: The Other Dwarves

"We secretly got letters from Marissa,saying she was searching but still hadn't found the hero we need. Potential candidates but not the girl we're looking for. We were almost hope but then you came," Graham said breaking into a smile. Ring! Ring! Ring! "Oh no. Break's almost over. I gotta get back to work. You should stay here until I get back" Graham said, heading to the door and grabbing his pickaxe. "Stay hidden. Don't open the door for anyone. If someone trying to break in, there's a back door in the 'kitchen' that leads to a forest. Run until you find a big oak tree. Hide." Graham warned her before leaving the house.

Caitlyn decided to look at the book Graham showed. It was fascinating and incredibly detailed with spells, potions, incarnations, and other magical things. It felt like there was a connection as if there had been a spark ignited in her.She found a concealment charm that could disguise a object or room. "Well, lets give this a try. I've got nothing to lose,"Caitlyn muttered, ignoring scenes of the house on fire or blowing up and started to chant the spell as she started to glow a pure white color .........
[Time Skip to End of Day]
When Graham and the other dwarves came home, they come home to see a whole new living room.

[Time Skip to End of Day]When Graham and the other dwarves came home, they come home to see a whole new living room

"Woah,"Graham said,looking at the new furnished living room. "Who did this," said Happy or Henry,laying his pickaxe by the door. Graham didn't have the chance to tell the other dwarves about Caitlyn since there were always guards around and this was the first moment of free time since the lunch break.

"Hey, do you guys smell that?" Doc or Dylan asked. The aroma smelled like roast beef, mash potatoes and asparagus, it was like home-a smell that haven't smelled in over a decade.They all headed to the new and improved dining room-kitchen.

In the dining room, they saw a girl(Caitlyn) setting up a roast beef, mashed potatoes, asparagus and roll dinner

In the dining room, they saw a girl(Caitlyn) setting up a roast beef, mashed potatoes, asparagus and roll dinner. Instead of wearing her torn and dirty clothes from earlier, it was replaced with a white dress with blue flowers and her chocolate brown hair pulled into a bun.

"Hi" Caitlyn said,setting out the sliver ware. Everyone turned to Graham, who looked sheepish. "Graham,explain," Dylan said. While Graham told how Caitlyn got here, Caitlyn looked embarrassed and pour lemonade to avoid eye contact with the others. "But that doesn't explain how all these got her," said Sleepy or Scott, gesturing to the room and dinner. "Well after Graham left, I looked at the book and found a concealment charm. I decided to try it and for some reason,it worked. I started to glow and when I opened my eyes, the room had changed! I also use a food charm to make dinner since I need to expand the concealment charm to the surrounding area. It's weird- I came from a magic free environment yet it felt as if I had always had this enchantment with me." Caitlyn explained, recalling the strange experience.

"Well,that's a bit strange for someone from a non magical world," Dylan explained. "Come, Dylan. Forgot how she did it. Let's just enjoy it. When was the last time we had a home cooked meal?" Bashful or Ben said. They all sat at the table and enjoy the feast as it was been quite a while since they made a meal this good. As he put roast beef on his plate, Graham slapped his palm on his forehead and said "Oh Caitlyn let me introduce everyone. That's Dylan, Henry, Scott, Ben, Sebastian and Dan. You might know them as Doc, Happy, Sleepy, Bashful, Sneezy and Dopey." "Pleasure," Caitlyn politely said as the others told a variations of hello. They're kinda cute. Like could be models if they took a shower or two.

Knock-Knock-Knock! "I'll get it. You guys continue to eat" Caitlyn said,starting to get up. "If it's a guard,then I should get it," Henry explained. "The concealment charm should warn if it's a guard." Caitlyn opened the door to see a woman with red-brown hair and green eyes. (Image doesn't look her in my head.)

"Marissa what are you doing here?" Graham asked

"Marissa what are you doing here?" Graham asked. " I heard that our hero has arrived and I had to check for myself," Marissa said. She looked around and smiled. "Clearly she brought some magic with her." "I thought that was a bit odd since Caitlyn was from a non-magical world." Dylan explained as introductions were made. "Caitlyn, this is Marissa, the former queen and Snow's stepmother." The woman had kind blue-green eyes that look like they had gone through years of knowledge and learning and a soft, warm smile that made Caitlyn feel warm and safe inside.

"So what's your plan," asked Sebastian,yawning over his asparagus as Marissa took a seat at the table and helped herself to the food. Now all eyes were either on Caitlyn or Sebastian. "Ummm..." Caitlyn actually hadn't come up with a plan yet. She was still struggling with the fact that she could do magic. " Do any of you know if she has any weaknesses? I mean you guys live with her. Maybe we can use it against Snow," Caitlyn asked,buttering her roll and trying to avoid everyone's stares.

"I remember she would have a allergy for honeybees. She wouldn't eat honey or bee-made products because she was afraid of getting a rash or hiccups." Marissa said,sipping her lemonade. "She also doesn't like hazelnuts because Snow freaked out when I was making hazelnut brownies." Henry implied. "Hum, I think I have a idea," Caitlyn started. Everyone gathered around to hear her plan. "So Marissa, can you make a potion out of honey and hazelnuts? Perhaps with a bit of poison and other ingredients," Caitlyn asked sweetly."Why... oh I get now. Very clever. I could try to find something."

[Sorry this chapter is late. Hope you enjoy it. Also on the day this chapter is published, it will be my best friend's birthday! 🎁🎂🎊🎉
This chapter is late because I'm working on a story for her. It's called Birthday Magic,so go read. Shoutout for those born on June 19 and in the month of June. Keep reading! Bye 👋]

2.4.20 Update: Pretty sure this reboot craze is almost over. I really hope you guys enjoyed this dystopian version of fairy tales. A little spoiler alert: after Snow's story, I'll be heading on the fairytale Rapunzel. And I'm probably not gonna update for several months knowing me. Love YTReader19

There's an ebb and a flow
I grow then I see changes
There are rewrites, losses, gains and rearrangements
It's all much more uncertain than I thought it would be
Who knew there'd be so many ways to be me? -Recipe for Me, Thomas Sanders