In the distance, the sounds of a babbling source of water echoed and it excited Verity as she gained speed in her trot to the river. A giggle escaped the maiden's lips as the black mare nearly shoved Robin's stallion out of the way.

An angry scowl replaced that smirk, "Handle your horse better, woman."

Evemina lifted her hood slightly to reveal her burning emerald eyes as she glared at the rich boy. "Tell that to a horse that has been traveling for a week with little water because of being chased after." Her voice quickly became venomous, "And if you call me by that again. I will personally seal your loose tongue in your mouth."

Locksley stared slightly wide eyed at the woman before taking back the lead. The maiden huffed angrily at the man. "What a putrid, self-centered  toad." She muttered.

"What was that?" Robin questioned calmly but as his eyes set upon the woman she saw the challenging fire in them, "I didn't quite catch what you mumbled."

Evemina smiled sickly sweet, repressing a raging fit. Neither of them realized that they found a path directly leading to the river as they glared deathly at one another. "I said, that you are a putrid, self-centered toad!" Her voice grew louder and louder, as it echoed across the river and forest.

The little rich boy increased his scowl, trying to bite back his tongue while the painted man pinched the bridge of his nose not paying attention to their headings, "Enough already."

Evemina and Robin continued to glare at one another but kept silent. Locksley than swiftly flicked his reins and trotted faster towards the river, turning his attention to the water. The blustered maiden studied the form of the rich boy with a look of detestment.

The group came upon and halted by the river bed. The painted man stared at their surroundings in awe, "In my dreams alone have I imagined such a place."

Robin glanced over to the Moor with that grin, "Then imagine a way to cross it. "

It was a good thing Locksley got off his horse when he did because Evemina was close brought to slug that smirk away with her fist. Robin ventured off, bounding on rocks to see if there is a way across leaving the other three to sit on their horses.

"You have hatred for Christian I see."

Christian?

Evemina glanced at Robin, He must of meant the rich boy.

Her eyes peered over to the Moor's face, "I suppose so."

The painted man sighed visibly, "This trip will be a long one."

Evemina smirked at his words and began stroking Verity's black coat. Her anger melted away into suspicion. A heavy feeling became thick in her heart, there were eyes everywhere. But where?!

Her eyes wandered the waterline and forest around them, "Is it me or did the feeling of eyes watching us grow stronger?"

The Moor glanced around in thought, "No I feel it too." His dark brown eyes met her emerald ones, "We are not alone."

The two placed their eyes on Locksley as he poked the river with his sword. An excited expression of Robin turned their way, "There's hope!"

All of a sudden a rope is pulled up from the water and Robin falls in, getting drenched. Evemina had to cover her mouth from laughing. A male's voice carried in a sing-song tone,

"There once was a rich man from Nottingham,

who tried to cross the river.

What a dope, he tripped over a rope!