Chapter 5: Fierce Welda

Media: Welda ⬆️

"Lizzy! Lizzy! Wake up sleepy head!"

    "Why is she always so tired?"

    "Who knows." I heard someone say snorting.

My eyes slowing adjusted to the bright light, and I blinked twice before I realized Rebecca and Hannah were leaning over me.

    "What time is it?" I said groggily. I wasn't sure if I was hallucinating or not but my mind seemed to scream at me, a warning perhaps. I couldn't place it. My head hurt a bit like I was just getting over a head cold.

    "Time to wake up sleepy head!" Hannah said cheerfully while plopping down in front of her amazing makeup station. As I sat up trying my best not to yap at these girls for waking me up, my brain slowly started to recollect everything that happened to me on one small day. No wonder I am exhausted, I chuckled to myself. After our late lunch yesterday, the gang showed me around the huge school until finally they relented and let me take a break. The last thing I remembered was shaking my head desperately trying to stop the fogyness that seemed to surround my head. That's when I fell in my sleeping beauty slumber.

    "Oh, my stars! Can you believe today is our first day of classes? I simply can't believe it!" Hannah squealed, making me roll my eyes. After everything I've been through recently, you would think a simple day of school would be easy for me, but my stomach knotted and churned as I thought about the day ahead.

    "So, Rebecca, you're a werewolf, right? Do you have like some type of special classes for your kind?" I wasn't really sure how to word my sentence correctly, but she just shrugged it off. She threw herself on my messy bed, her arms crossed behind her head as she looked up at the ceiling.

    "We all have different classes for each of our abilities. You, for example, have classes on magic, bondage, and self-defense. Not only that but all the essentials topics like math and history."

    "Hmm." was all I said as I grabbed my brush off of my bare nightstand.

    "You'll love the classes, Liz, don't you worry! Not to mention, you'll get to learn about your One." Hannah said giggling and spinning in her makeup chair. Rolling my eyes once again, contemplating if I liked Hannah's overly bubbliness, as I made sure my red hair was covering my scaly mark.

...

"Ring....." Students scurried all around the hall filled with metal lockers. I had no clue how I was going to get through this school year.

    "Hey, Liz! Over here!" I turned around to spot my saving grace.

    "Tommy! Oh, you don't know how glad I am to see you! Hannah ditched me the second she saw Charles, leaving me in the dust. He chuckled and grabbed me by the hand.

"You just finished language class right, so your next one should be--ah, here we are." He pointed to the room number, bowing playfully, as I arched my eyebrow at him.
"Thanks, Tom!"

"Not a problem!" He walked away briskly, I'm sure eager not to be late to his class either.

"Room 12, Mr. Rut," I said out loud, as I pushed open the door. The seats surrounding the room was mostly already occupied. I spotted a girl around my age sitting in the way back. Hidden in the shadow the corner of the wall gave her. She kept her face down, looking over her notes trying to stay unnoticed. My heart hurt for her, as she reminded me of well, me. Repositioning my backpack, I decided to sit next to her. Maybe this one little step could help, "spread my wings" like my Lop wanted me to do so badly. I never really understand my grandma. Some days she wanted me to make friends and grow into a young lady. The next, I find myself in a room she forbids me to update. I will never get her." I thought, shaking my head as I walked over to the far end of the class.