Arnav rolled up his eyes in frustration. "God! Khushi! Fine, let me explain you. See I am not marrying Rajkumari Chandni. She is like my younger sister, like how Rajkumari Sayantani is to me." He explained her calmly, holding her shoulders.

The tornado of thoughts in Tarinhi’s mind hadn’t yet found a halt.

“Samraat, do you not understand? Suryapura would be a great military and financial asset to us!”

“I know that.” Arnav shrugged.

“So, if you don’t marry her then how will we acquire that asset ethically? Unless you are planning to disrespect their customs- I won't allow that. That is unethical. We are not invaders.”

Arnav sighed.

“ Wait Khushi! Let me explain. Rajkumari Chandini is getting married to Aman. They both had met each other long ago and fallen in love but Chandini‘ s brother was a tyrant who opposed their romantic relationship. Now that he is dead, she too is happy! Aman and Akash are my cousins and both belong to noble families. So, technically they are no less than princes themselves and by law I can use the nobility also for expansion policies…”

Tarini nodded her head, grasping the situation completely and  put her hand on her forehead.“ Hey Devi Maiyya! What a fool I have been! I apologize for disturbing you with my rant. I will go and help Rajkumari get ready for her marriage.” She got up from  the seat and moved away.

She stopped in her path when she realised her dupatta had got stuck somewhere she turned to look at it. Arnav had held the dupatta‘s end. She looked up towards him.

“You really think I could have done that?" he asked solemnly.

“Done ...Wh...what?”

“Married once again and that also without even informing you and asking for your permission?”

“I …uh …you said so in your answers during the competition. So I...”she hesitated.

“I was defending my father, Khushi! You think that he did wrong, was it his fault he fell in my love with my mother? Was it his mistake to give a name to his love, mark it with the sacred bond of marriage ? If you think so, then you are implying that I was born out of a misdeed, an unholy relation. “

“ No! I don’t think so. You would also not be wrong if you marry again...I mean I don’t even know if you love me! If you love someone else so it would be wrong of me to...” She was cut abruptly as he placed his lips on hers. She was taken aback by this move of his. He held her tightly by her waist after keeping her soft hands on his shoulders.

“If I don’t say something, it doesn’t mean that I mean the complete opposite…I love you!" he whispered against her lips before taking them in his lips again.

Tarini was yet staring at him with wide open eyes.

“If you keep on staring me like this, how am I supposed to kiss you ?”he said.

At that, Tarini lowered her head and blushed.

“Well, I need to tell you too... I...I ..love..you too! Hey Devi Maiya! What did I say! Haww! I have become so shameless!“ she spoke crazily and ran away out of the room.

He shook his head and laughed at her reaction.

**************

Aman and Chandni took the seven nuptial rounds around the sacred fire as the priest chanted hymns continuously.

Arnav and Tarinii were throwing flowers on them along with the other the guests. Tarini was blushing furiously as she felt Arnav’s hot gaze on her but Arnav was not ready to remove his eyes from her.

“Vivaah sampann hua!"( The marriage proceedings have been  completed!)

Their romantic moment was disturbed by the priest’s not so romantic voice.

Aman and Chandini proceeded to take blessings from all elders. First to Arnav and Tarini who hugged them and wished them luck for their life. After many more people they came to Sayantani who was about to hug Chandini when a loud voice stopped her.

“ Stop, what are you doing?” Sayantani ‘s mother and father who had come from their kingdom to witness the marriage, exclaimed. They hadn’t come when their daughter needed them the most, when her marriage broke but they were here to witness another marriage. How ironical was that?

Khushi's saree