neuf

in honor of youngblood coming out, here's an update that you all deserve

(unedited)

"Calum I don't think this is a good idea anymore." Ashton said nervously. He was gripping his camera that was hanging around his neck tightly as his raven haired best friend dragged him towards the field.

"C'mon Ash, you gotta play the supportive boyfriend role. How else are we gonna make Luke jealous?" Calum encouraged. He quickly scanned the field to look for the said man and smiled once he had spotted him. "Are you ready for this?"

"Calum why would he be jealous, he's dating my mum." Ashton replied. Calum scoffed, linking their hands together.

"I can sense jealousy from a mile away, mate. Just wait and see." The tanner teen replied before putting a smile on his face to greet Luke who was waiting for them at the edge of the field.

"Sorry I'm a little late," Calum started, "Ashton here started to get a little cuddly." He ignored the subtle shove the Ashton gave him.

Calum almost laughed out loud when he saw Luke's jaw clench. He bit his cheeks and glanced at Ashton to see if he notice, but his head was down trying to hide his red cheeks from the cuddle comment.

"Four laps for being late, and an extra two just because I feel like it." Luke said. Calum's slight smirk turned into a horrified expression. "Hey, don't complain. You pay me for this, remember?" Luke added.

"Yeah, a little too much." Calum mumbled while Luke pretended not to hear. Ashton giggled softly at the conversation and let go of Calum's hand to let him start his laps. Calum shot Ashton a hidden wink and mouthed 'make a move' before he left the two to be alone for a few minutes.

The two walked to the wooden bleachers on the side of the field and sat silently, watching the raven haired teen run around the field at a slow pace. Ashton knew Calum could run faster than that without breaking a sweat, but he also knew Calum was just allowing him and Luke to have more time by themselves. He glanced at Luke, taking in his freshly shaved face and furrowed brows. His baby blue eyes were concentrated on the running teen. Luke felt the teen staring at him, and looked back at him.

"When did you guys get together?" Luke questioned curiously. Ashton froze before trying to lace his thoughts together.

"Um, not long ago, pretty recently actually." Ashton answered. 'Like this morning.' The teen thought to himself, almost regretting this situation he got himself in to.

"Your mum thinks you guys make a great couple." Luke states. Ashton rolls his eyes.

"My mum thinks that I would look good with anyone." The brunet scoffed. Luke chuckled, bumping his knee on the younger's. Ashton blushed at the contact. They were silen for a few more minutes before Ashton decided to speak up.

"So, how was dinner with my mum?" He asked curiously. He noticed the blond man tense up.

"It was great. Your mum's great." Luke stated simply. Ashton nodded, not really knowing how to continue the conversation.

After a few moments, Luke stood up to walk down to the field to meet a tired Calum. Ashton frowned from the loss of contact while watching the broad figure. The brunet was starting to get bored so he decided to turn on his camera and look through the shots he had of Luke.

Damn. Is all the teen could think when he looks at the older man. From his dimples smile to electric blue eyes, everything about him was almost inhumanely perfect.

"Is that Cal's coach?" he heard a familiar female's voice from behind him. Ashton frantically turned his camera off before turning around to meet Calum's older sister along with an unfamiliar teal haired man who was too busy running to the field to embrace the blond in a hug.

"Mali— I—" Ashton stuttered. Mali laughed, taking a seat next to the younger.

"Don't worry Ash. I have my mouth zipped. Won't even tell my boyfriend, who by the way is Luke's best friend apparently." Mali told him, also kind of explaining why the strange blue haired man was glomping the blond. "We're here to watch Cal too. Him and Michael get along so well." she explained, looking at her brother with loving eyes.

"I bet." Ashton muttered, unnoticed by Mali who was waving at her younger brother on the field. Ashton sighed deeply. His little secret seemed to be spreading.

Hi everyone! So I deleted my malum side story to this because it was just too much to think about for me. I'm just gonna add some small cameos of them in here!!!! but anyways. YOUNGBLOOD!!!' AHHHHHHHHHHH. ive waited so long for this. tell me your thoughts on the new album, and as always...
much love
-jess