Day 178: They want me to test something out.

Peter walked to a lab and looked around. There were scientists around that were all looking at something. "Excuse me?" He held his hands behind his back. "I was told I had to test something out?"

They all turned to him. One walked forward and grabbed him. He took him to the table they were working on.

"Web shooters?" He looked at them and picked one up.

"Try them out." A female said, probably the only female he's interacted with in 5 months.

He grabbed a tool and pulled out the current web shooters from his suit. He's been wearing the suit everyday, he doesn't like the clothes they give them, except at night, he wearing some baggy clothes he stole from a trip from one of his missions.

He put the new web shooters in and turned around. He found a dummy and shot at it. 

It instantly knocked back the dummy. "Whoa..." He walked to the dummy and saw that it was slightly shaking. "Wait, is this like a taser or something?"

"If you aim at the heart it's supposed to kill them." The female said.

"Whoa, what?!" He freaked out and pulled them out. He put back on his normal web shooters. 

* * *

It was around midnight. Peter had stolen a tool from the lab. Bucky looked over at him. "What are you doing?"

"They gave me web shooters that would kill someone if I aim at their heart." He stood up and unlocked the cell door with the tool he stole. "I wanna fix my web shooters."

"Wait, we can just escape today."

"I don't wanna. I wanna teach these people something but I can't do that if my webs are just webs."

"What do you wanna do to them?"

"I wanna take off the training protocol from my suit. Once I do that, my webs will have many options. Options that can help us get out of here."

"Okay. Go do that."

Peter smiled and walked to the lab. He snuck out his suit and put it on the table. He grabbed a laptop and turned it on.

He grabbed the arm sleeve of his suit and started messing around with them.

After a while, he had taken off the training protocol. Now, he was just messing with the different wires and trying out the webs. 

Bucky walked in. "Did it work?"

He turned around with his eyes widened. "Holy fuc—! Where'd you come from?"

"I was sent on a mission and I just came back. I said I wanted to go fix something on my gun so I came here since I thought you would still be here."

He walked over to the other side of the table that Peter was working on. He watched his hands work on his web shooters.

"How'd you learn to do that?" 

"It's something I was studying in school. Then Mr. Stark and Dr. Banner helped me more."

"Dr. Banner? The green dude?" 

"Yeah. How do you know him? I've seen him on the TV when you watch things about the Avengers."

"Oh. I always think you're sleeping when I watch TV."

"I don't like sleeping until you're asleep. It's a habit I had during the war. I couldn't sleep until the people I care about are asleep. And right now, you're the person I care about. You're like the brother I never had. Well, that's kinda a lie. I have 4 siblings."

Peter laughed a bit, the first real laugh in a while. "Well, then, you're the brother I never had."

* * *

TONY STARK

Tony punched the counter. "Where is he?!" He groaned in frustration.

"Tony!" Steve yelled. "I can hear you from my room! Calm down!" He ran into the living room.

"He's been gone for 5 months and 27 days! I can't calm down! HYDRA has him! They've probably already cut off his arm just like they did with Barnes!"

"Tony." Steve walked towards him. "We found a lead. Bruce was trying to find him when something went off."

"You have a lead?"

"He turned off the training protocol in his suit and you had put a tracker in it."

"How'd he turn it off?" 

"He's a smart kid, Tony. We have a lead and that's all that matters."

"Then let's go get our boy." Tony smiled for the first time in 5 months and 27 days."

* * *

a/n

word count: 1191, without this a/n

i wrote the first part, the day # things, last night while waiting for voltron season 6 to come out but i got way to excited so i stopped writing. whoops. also, i didn't want to finish all the days in one chapter so i stopped at 178.