.2

The live version of this song is way better. You're welcome^

Enjoy

~Joy

Suri

{ Friday, Next week }

I bounced myself on my toes, trying to suppress my nervousness.

Today was the day I had to perform again and usually I'd be fine, but a certain someone is expecting me.

I honestly didn't know why he wanted to see me perform again.

Maybe because he liked your performance, just a thought. My inner thoughts taunted me.

I tried thinking of ways to back out because I knew if I went out here feeling the way I do that I wouldn't do well.

The host, Jerry, walked up behind me and patted my shoulder.

"You alright?"

"Just a little nervous." I said truthfully.

"Ah, don't sweat it kid. You got this." He squeezed my shoulder reassuringly.

I smiled at him and he returned the gesture before walking on stage.

I shook my hands and let out a deep breath, taking his words into consideration. There really wasn't anything to worry about, I'm just letting my nervousness and anxiety get to me.

"Act like he's not even there." I coached myself.

Jerry introduced me and I walked on stage.

I smiled softly while scanning the crowd. The lights where always dim so it was hard to really see people.

I didn't see him.

A wave of relief and disappointment settled.

"How y'all doing tonight?"

I heard good's and great's and some shouted in response.

"I'm gonna do a cover by H.E.R. I hope y'all enjoy."

"We love you Suri-Pie."

I looked up and saw Asia waving.

The crowd laughed, as did I but I made sure to cut my eyes at her.

The instrumental started playing and I instantly got in the mood.

"Uber on the way, my phone is chargin'. He keep callin'. I wanna pick it up but I keep stallin'. I feel some type of way. It's late at night, and babe. I ain't get dressed for nothing, I ain't put on this dress for nothing. So I'm comin', baby." I swayed my hips, feeling the vibes the song gave me.

The crowd sang the chorus with me and that made me crack a smile. I loved when they sang with me. This is one of the reasons why I love performing at Kudos.

I sang the second verse and in the middle of it I spotted August in the back. Our eyes connected and for some reason, I just couldn't pull my eyes away.

For the rest of the song, we stared at each other. It was weird, but I liked it.

When I finished, the crowd cheered for me as usual.

I stepped off and went to where August was sitting.

His eyes followed me the whole time I walked.

I stopped in front of him and smiled nervously.

"How'd I do?"

"Amazin'." He stated simply. His voice was so smooth and calm, that it almost put me at ease.