Carlisle's backstory.

Carlisle's POV

'Okay, I started, 'I was born in London in 1640.'

Alex looked shell shocked and Phoebe gasped.

'My mother died when I was born and my father was an Anglican pastor, who believed strongly in the presence of evil in London. He used to hold raids in which I was forced to take part in and he burned people at the stake. In 1663, at the age of 23 my father fell ill, putting me in charge of his raids. People said I was a failure, because I was not quick to see evil where there wasn't any. One evening, I was walking near to the Thames. I stumbles upon a coven of vampires, living in the sewers. So I took a few of my father's 'disciples' and went to the sewers. I took the lead of one, with two men running behind me. The vampire was weak, and slow. It turned on me, biting me. Then killing two men. I knew my father would burn the infected, so I crawled to a cellar full of rotting potatoes. The change lasted three days. And when it was done, I had realised what I'd become, a monster.

I rebelled against what I had become, trying to take my own "life". But I soon realised that that is near impossible.'I said grimly. Esme shifted closer to me on the sofa, rubbing my shoulder soothingly.

'I settled on starving myself. I went delirious with thirst and hid in a cave. One night, a herd of deer passed my hiding place and I don't exactly remember feeding but when I was finished there was deer carcasses all over the area.' I said, I had everyone's attention.

'The animal blood turned my use golden, and I could pass for a human. As soon as I got my thirst under control I realised I could live without being a monster. I studied music and science and eventually settled in a medical career.'

I turned to Edward.

'Care to continue?'