Chapter 12 The Dissolving Chain (edited)

The moonlight shimmered off her body when she awoke from her nightmare. Tears ran down her rosy red cheeks and silent sobs bounced off the walls. Rose whimpered and curled up in a ball, she had that same dream again, but it wasn't a dream, it was that horrid memory coming back to haunt her. "Did you have a nightmare 'Quiet Whisper'?" That voice was familiar to Rose. "Tsubaki." "Ah, you remembered me?" Rose nodded looking at the man standing in the corner of the room. "Yes, how could I forget you Melancholy?" But; something was off about him. His face was smooth and calm rather than his usual melodic look. "You looked so peaceful; I did not want to wake you. It was amusing when you started to toss and turn. Did you have a nightmare, dear Rose?" Rose shook her head in deception. "No, I did not have a nightmare..." yet, Tsubaki could see right through her lie. "it was just another-" "Nightmare? Or was it a memory from your past?" Rose nodded in defeat "Yes Tsubaki." That's when she noticed she wasn't laying on Misono's couch anymore; but rather in a comfortable feather bed. It was Tsubaki's. "How did I get here Tsubaki?" He walked over to where she laid and sat down in a nearby chair, eyeing her every move.

"you have an Eve now, she renamed you. What did she name you~?" Rose gripped the sheets covering her body, "she named me Rose, now, please answer my question." "My subclass Sakuya; he brought you here along with your Eve." Rose gasped; Ririi was here too? Where was he keeping her? "where is she? you didn't hurt her did you?" Tsubaki smirked at her frantic state. "Oh, your Eve? She's safe; for now. But humans are very fragile, my subclass Belkia might break her by accident~!" His tone was dangerous, Rose's stomach churned. She did not want anything to happen to Ririi. She had grown attached to her new eve. "Tsubaki, please don't hurt her. I'll do anything for you just let her go. She did nothing, she doesn't deserve to get hurt."

Tsubaki looked at her deadpanned, "You're joking, right?" His slight chuckle turned into a fit of laughter. "How uninteresting, give me something else~ How about a story? Maybe that will entertain me. after all, I have been quite bored lately~" Rose sighed and covered herself from his red eyes. "Look if you were lonely, did you really need to kidnap me? Are you like this just because you're lonely Tsubaki? Do you feel like no one understands you? Don't act like that because I know how it is to be lonely, Ririi knows as well. Many people do Tsubaki." Rose stiffened but hesitantly reached for him, wrapping her arms around his slim form. She feared the man but found warmth when she held him close to her body. "Tsubaki, I'll help you in any way that I can. I'll help you ease your loneliness. I will stay by your side. Unlike the people who do not know you, unlike your siblings, I know you Tsubaki."

Rose nuzzled into the side of his neck and continued. "one thing no one knew, was the fact your creator was also your father. It was on a random day long ago; however, it would be your last day as a human. You went out for a stroll around the tiny village, your mother, however, stayed at home. She was not feeling well; your father was also busy, so you went out by yourself. No one knew because your parents were loved by everyone in the village. That's when the vampire organization C3 was created. They caught wind of what he was doing and did the most unforgivable crime. They killed your mother why she was sleeping. You walked in when they were leaving, they cut your right arm off as a warning...after that day your master changed you into a Servamp. He reattached your right arm, that's why it's always covered because it's the arm that summons Tsubaki flowers that destroy...the Tsubaki flowers that can change into katanas, the katanas that can kill Servamps and humans both...but, you never wanted to destroy, did you Tsubaki?"

Tsubaki stiffened at her touch, and her words. She was correct, about everything. her arms fit perfectly around his frame why her face lay on his shoulder. She made him feel something he had not felt in a long time, calm. Yet he stood frozen. "only a few know of my past, how did you know about it....and how will you help me? you say you can help but those words can have no meaning, they are empty promises." "Tsubaki, you're a Servamp just like your siblings. My job is to help you all, and that means that I will always remember you; I will never forget about you. I see you Melancholy. I want to be your friend. I also knew about your past because during my solitude I had to learn everything I could about the Servamps. That also included you Melancholy. From this day forth I promise on my soul to help you."

Rose blushed when she squeezed him closer to her body, but what happened next shocked her to the core. Slender arms wrapped tightly around her, and soft sobs could be heard from the said male. Even though her shoulder became soaked with tears, she still held Tsubaki in the tight embrace. "Thank you. My dear Rose; Do you promise never to leave my side, nor forget who I am?" Rose pulled back slightly from the hug to examine him. Tsubaki's eyes were now glowing red as tears fell from the brims of his eyes. His lip quivered waiting for an answer from the female vampire why his eyes pleaded for an answer.

Rose reached up for his sunglasses. She slowly took them off and set them down on the bed, careful not to break them. She could now see into his ruby-red eyes and all their beauty. "Tsubaki, I promise." This only provoked Tsubaki to cry even more. More tears slid down his cheeks as he buried his face into Rose's neck. "Thank you, thank you, dear Rose." "Just promise me something Tsubaki, promise me you will do your best." The raven-haired Servamp was slightly taken aback as he wiped his eyes with the longer sleeve covering his right arm "My best...? At what?"

Rose giggled and held his left hand in her own. "At being yourself, you are way better when you don't hide behind a mask Tsubaki." Rose gently placed her hands on his cheeks which caused him to flush pink. "I...I don't know..." he whispered, and Rose gave him a sad smile. "besides Tsubaki; I'm sure people would rather admire your true self."

No one has ever seen him, remembered him, treated him like a person, nor taken the time to acknowledge his existence other than his subclass family. Yet, here this female sat before him, the kind and caring girl she was. She took her time to make sure Tsubaki felt cared about even though they were both strangers to one another. She made him feel alive. She made him feel like, an actual person. For once in his life, Tsubaki felt warm and secure. The love and mystery in her eyes made him feel something in his heart. 'what is this feeling?'

"Tsubaki?" Rose's voice interrupted his thoughts. "Yes?" "Where is my Eve? May I see her?" being as gentle as he could he helped Rose onto the floor. He then picked up her glasses and slid them up the brim of her nose. "Yes, of course, this way." He took her hand and quietly led her out of the room and into a long hall. Many doors occupied the hall. The pair stopped at a certain door. Many magic cards were placed around the door as if to create a frame for it. "The girl you asked for is inside. My subclass Belkia let her stay in his room." Without another word, Rose slowly opened the door which Ririi stumbled out of and on top of Rose.

"D-Doll m-man, m-m-magician a-assistant, so many boxes..." Ririi rubbed her head and looked up at Tsubaki. The frightened girl almost screamed until Rose took Ririi into a hug. "Ririi do not worry, this is just Tsubaki. He is the eighth Servamp." "but he's crazy Rose. He killed people. that doll man said he tried to kill you at one point too! Who's to say he won't try to kill you or me?!" "I know Ririi, but Tsubaki won't hurt you, I promise." Ririi looked at Tsubaki then back at Rose, "I'm glad you are safe Rose, but is it true?" "what are you talking about?" Rose watched her partner rise from the floor, only to see that her facial expression changed from relief to pained sadness.

"Remember how you said our minds were in sync? Well, I saw the past life you lived. I know you ran away from your old life; you ran away because you were scared, and your creator hurt you badly. But I'm upset you didn't tell me sooner. Who's to say that your brother isn't still after you! He could kill you and the Servamps! you hid so many things from me. I thought we could tell one another everything...I'm not angry Rose, yet I feel like my trust is broken... you will need to earn my trust back before we proceed as a team." This was all so sudden, Rose fell to her knees and watched Ririi walk away. "Please, Ririi I'm sorry I never told you. I was afraid you all would blame me for everything. I was afraid you would judge me for running away from my fears rather than facing them head on. I am a coward..." Ririi stopped in mid-walk but kept going; never turning around. Everything was different for the Fear pair. Their Chain was dissolving ever so slowly.