Chapter 7 : Cave Raid III

Start from the beginning

Active Skills :
Backstab LV04
Quick Thrust LV03
Multi Thrust LV04
Dagger Throw LV03
Hiding LV03

Passive Skills :

Dagger Mastery LV04
Nimble Body LV03
Quick Hand LV03
Dexterous hand LV02
Acrobat LV02

Resistance Skills :
-

Name : unnamed
Species : Goblin Mage (Uncommon)
Type : Demi-Human
Sex : Male
Rank : 02
LV : 066/075
HP : 153/153
MP : 192/198
STM : 22/22
ATK : 26
DEF : 33
MGC : 91
MND : 74
DEX : 21
AGL : 09

Active Skills :

Fireball LV04
Fire Lance LV03
Fire Hand LV02
Fire Vortex LV03
Fire Wall LV03

Passive Skills :

Fire Magic Mastery LV04
Rod Mastery LV02
Chanting LV03
Mana Control LV02

Looking at the appraisal result, I didn't have to worry about anything. While the mage has a quite high magic attack, it was futile against me who had [Heat nullity].

But the beautiful fox was in danger. She wasn't like me, who was a tank, so fighting the five fully-armed goblins would be dangerous for her, especially that goblin thief. His hiding skill was dangerous, I just hoped it wouldn't let him just disappear from sight.

As for the mage, even if she had a good magic defense, the mage power was too high. His magic offense stats were high, not to mention the boost from his skills. A hit from his magic would probably deal severe damage to the beautiful fox.

Should I take them all on? With my stats and skills, I could probably do it. But then the beautiful fox won't grow stronger, and she wouldn't let me take on all of them by myself.

I observed the environment, it was wide with many rooms to ran. I would give her the mage to fight, the beautiful fox agility was high, if she was in constant movement, the mage would have a hard time hitting her.

I looked at the five goblins, if I took care of them quickly, I could then help the beautiful fox. As I was finished thinking, the goblin mage spoke.

"Huhu, are you so scared you became stiff? I don't blame you, it is normal to be in awe before my presence."

The goblin mage raised his head arrogantly and looked down on me, the five goblins also sneered. These guys were probably always in the dominant positions, the looked down on everything and anyone, thinking they're the best. I couldn't wait to saw what their expression would be when I destroyed them.

The goblin mage looked at me like an interesting item, he was a little disappointed at first before returning to normal. When his gaze landed on the beautiful fox, it turned excited.

"Ahaha, I really am lucky! I thought I lost you, but to think you come to my doorstep all on your own!"

The beautiful fox growled at the goblin mage as cold air gathered around her body. The goblin mage didn't care about the beautiful fox's threatening action, he looked at me with arrogance.

"You, red beast, you have done a good deed by bringing that fox to me, submit to me and I will spare your life. Be grateful for my magnanimity!"

The goblin smiled smugly and his expression was saying I should be honored, I ignored his words and replied.

"Are you the leader of this place?"

The goblin mage frowned in displeasure, I guessed he was displeased that I didn't answer his previous question. He looked at me with malice.

"You're the first one to ever dismiss my question and even daringly question me..."
"So what? Just answer me or is the leader someone else and you're just a stand-in?"

I shrugged my shoulder as if something like the likes of the goblin mage could intimidate me. The goblin mage's face grew red from rage, agitated, he stood up and pointed his staff at me.

"Preposterous! How dare you! How dare you call me a stand-in! How dare you undermine my rule! I am the lord of this place! I am the king!"

The goblin mage exaggeratedly swung his staff and pointed all over the place, as if declaring his dominion.

"Then, you're the one responsible for what happened to the human females above?"
"Human females?"

The goblin mage started laughing, there were mocking and disdain in his laugh.

"Those human females? I've only given them the sacred role of being the mother of my kind, it was the highest honor those swine could get! They should be honored they're blood flowed inside my subordinates and could serve alongside them as his Majesty's servant!"

I suppressed the rage within me, being a toy for disgusting goblins was the highest honor? Fuck that! My hand clenched as I recalled their hollow eyes. I forced myself to calmed down and managed to heard the goblin mage said the word 'His Majesty'

Did that mean the goblins here was just underlings? This whole base was only one of many? A goblin who ruled other goblins, a goblin king, something troublesome was happening in these woods.

I threw all of the hard stuff to the back of my mind, I lacked information to thought about it, I could always think about it later after I milked information from these garbages.

"I've heard enough."
"Heh, a monster sympathizing with swine. How laughable!"

I aimed my hand at the goblin mage and shot out a fireball. It was bigger and faster than the goblin mage's fireball. Seeing my fireball, the goblin mage and the five goblins were shocked.

"Impos..."

Before his word was completed, my fireball already in front of him. The goblin mage hastily jumped to the side and the five goblins scattered as they dodged to get away from the blast radius.

My fireball hit the throne and exploded, the explosion was greater than the goblin mage's fireball. The goblin mage was thrown away by the explosion but the damage on him was trifling. The five goblins also unscathed, I didn't aim at any of them so that was normal, but the fireball did separate the five goblins from the mage.

"I'll take the five goblins, you take on the mage."
"Okay!"

After instructing the beautiful fox, she ran toward the goblin and used her frost whip to attack the mage. I turned to the five goblins and cracked my fingers, I wouldn't let you guys died so easily.