"Well the door was unlocked so that was free entry" Jamal said.

Bully, Smoke, and Jamal been my homies since we was little. It was always the 4 of us running 'round terrorizing the neighborhood.

I consider Bully my right hand man, Jamal a little brother and Smoke just fit in between.

Sean is Smoke's real name but that's what he known for in the streets. He remind me of myself when I was on the streets hustling a while back. His mama fell sick about 5 years ago which caused him to go back to selling to pay for hospital bills and medical procedures.

We offered to help but the mans pride and ego won't allow us to.

It's been countless times when the doctors told us she wouldn't make it but 5 years later she still here holding on. Truth is, the doctors don't know what's going on and neither do we.

"Yo' I'm out gotta' few errands to run" I dapped them up.

"Shit me too catch y'all fools later" Bully said.

I walked outside to my truck and hopped in while Smoke and Jamal did the same.

"Man who said I was dropping y'all off somewhere"

"Well Bully was our ride so you kinda don't have a choice" Jamal shrugged.

I mugged him and turned back around. "Where y'all going"

"Take us to West 42nd Street" Smoke said.

"Aight"

After dropping them off I drove to my mama house. I already know she gone be on my ass cause I ain't talk to her in damn near a week.

I rang the doorbell about 3 times then I started to get impatient.

Exactly why I need a key I thought then shook my head remembering how our last conversation went. She claim she need privacy, "Dave I'm only 45 ya' mama can still get her grove on" I can hear her voice in my head now.

"David what I tell you 'bout ringing my doorbell like you crazy" she swung the door open. "You do not live here anymore" she hit me in the back of my head.

"Damn- I mean dang ma, you always abusing a nigga" I said rubbing the spot where she hit me.

"Well start acting like you got some sense, lord knows I did the best I could to raise you" she shook her head.

"Ma stop being dramatic" I kissed her cheek and walked inside the house.

"Kairi" I yelled out to her. "Where you at baby girl" Seconds later I heard feet lightly tapping against the floor. "Right here dada" she giggled causing me to smile.

Anybody who don't know the real me automatically assume I'm not a family man. If you see me anywhere around the city I had a natural mug on my face but Kairi brought out a different side of me. The loving and caring side.

"Ma I'm taking Kairi with me, I might bring her back sometime tomorrow" I said walking to where she was in the house.

"You know I don't mind" she said walking towards me with a plate wrapped up in foil. "Here"

"Love you thanks for the plate ma" I yelled halfway out the door.

"Kairi it's just me and you mama, what we doing today" I asked once she was all strapped in.

I looked at her while she stared back at me not saying anything. I laughed and shook my head. Anybody can tell that's my child.

Mmmm I know what we can do. I pulled out my phone and contemplated whether or not I wanted to dial her number. Fuck it

"Hello" Ivory's voice came through the phone.

"Hey sweetheart, you at the studio" I asked. "I'm in the area and wanted to stop by"

"Right now" she asked after a moment of silence.

"Yeah if you don't mind I can always come another time" I spoke.

"No it's fine come through I'll send the address"

"Bet"

I have no idea what I'm getting myself into. After all, this is Nipsey's little sister and I'm 23 while she only 18. But then again I was taught to never block my blessings. Who knows.. this could be what I need.