'She must be beginning her transition.' Shuichi's voice sounded somber as it fluttered across my mind, but he hadn't said anything.

"What's happening?" I gasped as the siren cut off.

"Maybe it's just some strange side effects." Yusuke smiled reassuringly.

'What kind of demon is she?' That sounded like Hiei.

"What are you guys thinking right now?" I asked suddenly.

They all stared at me blankly.

"Kuwabara think of something." I pleaded.

'Kitty!' Kuwabara thought gleefully.

"Kitty?"

"That's not a good sign." Kuwabara paled.

"Can I read minds?" I panicked. That was definitely not normal!

Shuichi knelt beside me his voice soft and calming, "It's alright, Kimi." He was making an effort to soothe me and keep me relaxed.

"What's wrong with me?" I choked as tears began to well in my eyes.

"Nothing is wrong with you." Hiei scoffed.

"You're just different." Yusuke smiled.

"Am I a demon?" I asked curiously wondering if I had really heard Hiei's thoughts moments before.

Everyone stared at me wide eyed. It was true! How was that possible? Was that why I couldn't remember my childhood, because I was a monster and I blocked it all out? I wrapped my arms around myself and pulled my knees into my chest. I was a freak!

"We'll explain everything to you after school." Shuichi promised, "Everything is going to be okay, Kimi." He wrapped his arms around me and an image suddenly flashed across my mind an image of a gorgeous man with long silver hair, piercing golden eyes and silver fox ears. What was that?

He pulled away from me with a gasp and I saw his beautiful green eyes flash gold, "What just happened?" I stared at him wide eyed as his eyes returned to their natural emerald.

"We'll talk later." He smiled as he pulled me to my feet. 'She's a fox demon too.' He thought.

Fox demon? Too? Was Shuichi a fox demon? Nothing made sense anymore. I allowed the boys to lead me to school as I lost myself in my thoughts. I didn't understand what was going on, how could I be a demon? How could demons exist?

Once we got to school Yusuke, Kuwabara and Hiei went their separate ways leaving me with Shuichi. They all agreed to explain everything to me after school. I could wait until then to find out. I just had to get through one day of school.

"Kimi!" Dee squealed as she nearly trampled three underclassmen to reach me.

"Hey Dee." I waved timidly before squeaking in surprise as she swept me into a bone crushing hug nearly knocking me off my feet.

"You're a life saver, that ginger did wonders!" She grinned. "Oh, and you're wanted in the office." She said somewhat in a haze almost reflexively.

"For what?"

"No idea, but I'll walk with ya." She slipped her hand in mine and dragged me away rather forcefully, leaving Shuichi looking thoroughly confused at the gate.