“What the hell?” I gasp, my heart pounding.

“Sh, Grace won’t look here, it looks too small to be able to fit someone. If we hold very still, she’ll never find us. Plus she’s so clueless.” Kai chuckles.

I laugh a little and then realize that our limbs are tangled together. I blush furiously.

“Am I squishing you?” I whisper into his chest.

“No I’m fine, are you okay? Not too cramped are you? But you’re so tiny so I guess that-“

I whap his chest and mumble a shut up. I can hear his laugh through his chest and I let out a sigh. We’re both quiet for awhile before Kai whispers my name.

“What?” I reply.

“Look at me.”

I slowly turn my head up toward Kai, and before I can process anything, Kai’s lips are crashing onto mine and my head is spinning. I kiss back eagerly. When we pull away, we’re both breathless and I let out a giggle.

Kai has the biggest grin on his face, “So I guess the feelings mutual?”

I shrug my shoulders, too shy to say anything now. But I think he gets the message because then he says,

“Noah is going to kill us.” Kai’s eyes are wide, but he is still grinning like a fool.

That was the first time that I kissed Kai Jetter. It was then that Macy popped her head into the bush and sarcastically told us to keep our hands to ourselves and that we had won the round of hide and seek in the rain and that Mrs. Black wanted to take a picture of us. If only she knew that it would be impossible for Kai and I to keep our hands to ourselves.

I grin at the memories.

“Isn’t it creepy?” Elliot asks us over our shoulders. I turn to look at him. I know that he’s looking at the picture in a different perspective than Cam and I are.

“It’s pretty hardcore.” I nod my head.

“God, does everyone ship my sister with one of you dumbasses?” Noah booms out from the chair in the corner. We all jump and look away from the picture.

“Whoa man, calm down.” Kai says as he goes and sits on Noah.

“What the hell, man?” Noah flashes the phone to Kai. Kai’s face pales before he locks eyes with me.

“When was this picture even taken?” Noah shoves Kai off him and Kai stumbles to the floor.

Noah strides to me and shoves his phone in my face. I take it with a glare towards Noah but when I see picture, I forget how to breathe.

“It’s not what it seems.” Kai urges as he gets up from the floor.

It’s a picture from when Kai came to visit me two years during a break the boys took. Kai’s arm is swung over my shoulder and I’m sharing my ice cream with him, smiles can be found on both of our faces. This was one of the last times that we were happy together.

The picture has been edited so they’re hearts floating around our heads and in the bottom corner in pink loopy font, it says: Kola.

“Well, Cam, looks like we’re going to have to be Lamron seeing as Kai and I are already Kola.” I joke and Noah snatches the phone from my hands.

“This isn’t funny, Lola. Is there something you two need to tell me?” Noah’s eyes flash between Kai and me.

“No. When we had our break, I went home for a couple days. That was a few days before…” Kai looked down at his hands and the room became eerily quiet.

Elliot got up and left the room.

Noah broke the silence. “Sorry for jumping to conclusions.”

I looked at Kai and our eyes met before his eyes traveled lower to my lips. I gulped, looking away.

“No, I guess we look pretty couply here, huh?” I tried to keep my voice strong.

“Yeah, we did.” Kai agreed and I tried not to filch. His voice sounded harsh and Noah looked at Kai with confused eyes.

“Dude, don’t tell me you’re crushing on my sister. Remember what we talked about in seventh grade.”

“What happened in seventh grade?”

“Dude, it’s good. It’s just super awkward talking about the picture. I’m going to check on El.” Kai talked to Noah, ignoring my question.

Noah let out a frustrated groan. “Kai is such an ass.”

Cam and I watched Noah storm out of the room.

Cam let out a whistle. “When do you think Noah will stop being so dense?”

I whipped my head towards Cam, “What?”

Cam laughed at my shocked expression.

“Lola, it’s so obvious.”

“What is?” I asked weakly, afraid of the answer.

“You and Kai. It’s as clear as day that you two fu-“

I slapped my hand over his mouth.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” I rush out. Cam licks my hand and I pull away in disgust.

“Yeah right, Lola. I see the way you two look at each other. Why the hell do you think I’m all over you all time?”

I furrow my brows but stay silent.

“It drives Kai up the fucking wall.”

---

Vote, Comment, Hugs, Smile ♡