Juneau, Alaska Day 2

"Carter freaking White! Get your arse off the roof right now!" I shout from the ground as I glare up at Carter's drinker figure.

"Ok," he slurs lazily as he starts sliding closer to the edge.

"Not that way! The way you got up!" I inform him as he starts to jump off of the roof. How did he even get up there?

"Well you have this situation handled, I'll be going in and getting wasted, ta ta Hazel," Cathy stumbles as she heads inside the club. Traitor. Carter's shoes disappear from my view and I hug myself as a cool breeze drifts by me. I'm stupid, I should have brought a jacket. I glance down the dark empty street and see a light filling one of the alleyways. I shrug and start heading to when I suppose was a garbage fire. Partying with homeless people! Maybe I can get them some stuff.... It isn't like I don't care at all. I round the corner and join the huddle of older men and women. Not really old, but older than me by a decade or so. probably in their late thirties. The lady looks at me from under her good and quickly adverts her gaze back to the fire.

"Mommy! Mommy!" An excited small voice calls as it dashes into the alley. The woman spares me a glance before turning to the small boy that has a hand made fishing rod and a fish.

"I got a fish mommy! I got a fish!" he shows off, oblivious to me standing in my breezy dress new to the open fire. The woman smile and ruffles the little boy's dirty blonde hair. He notices me and his honey colored orbs widen before he hides behind his mum.

"Who is the pretty girl mommy?" the boy whispers loudly. I smile and the woman gives me a calculating gaze.

"Why don't you ask her?" the woman says as she gently pushes the shy boy forward. I crouch down to his height and he gives me a small smile.

"Who are you?" He asks curiously as he looks over my outfit.

"I'm Hazel," I grin at him as he shift his weight to each foot. He looks over my outfit again and gives me a skeptical look.

"Are you a prostitute? Mommy told me to never talk to them," he says, taking a cautious step back. I laugh at that and his mum joins me.

"I'm Linda," his mum says, holding out a hand and lowering her hood. Her blonde hair is cut short and is extremely bright. Her dark blue eyes shine in the fire. This lady is beautiful.

"Hazel," I introduce as I shake her hand. The little boy jumps up and holds out his hand.

"I'm Logan," he grins," you're pretty," he adds as an afterthought. I can feel my cheeks warm up, and it isn't because of the fire. A little boy compliments me and I blush. I have to get my cheeks under control.

"Thanks, you don't look too shabby yourself," I joke as I ruffle his hair.

"So what brings you to an alley way?" Linda asks me as she leans against the wall. I let a loud burp escape my lips. Whoops. I've always been more of a guy in the burping area. Logan gives me a look of amazement before jumping up and down.

"That was awesome!" he cheers as he hugs me leg. I smile down at him in responds before returning to answering Linda's question.

"I was waiting for a... An acquaintance... of mine to get off of the roof, it was cold and I saw a light in this alley and decided to head to the light," I answer briefly.

"Oh, how old are you?" Linda asks.

"18," I answer automatically. Logan grimaces.

"You're old, I'm six," he pouts. I chuckle and quickly quit down as the man speaks.

"Why are you here if you're 18?" he asks in a gruff voice, gesturing towards the empty street.

"I was with friends," I answer curtly.